Switching discs on WODE without the LCD via Swiss?

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
Ashen

Switching discs on WODE without the LCD via Swiss?

Post by Ashen » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:39 pm

OK, So here's my newest dilemma...

In my latest portable I plan to use a severely stripped down WODE (No USB or LCD). So pretty much just the WODE and an SD slot. The problem is that the WODE doesn't function like the Wiikey in that when the SD card is removed and reinserted it doesn't reinitialize the SD card. If the SD card is pulled during gameplay the WODE will just hang/error will occur on the GC. This eliminates the possibility to "switch discs" like the trick we use when using the Wiikey.

So my question is:

If a multidisc game was booted on the WODE via Swiss, would it be possible to return to Swiss somehow (button press combination?) when the game asks to switch to the next disc, switch to the next disc on the WODE via Swiss, then return to the game that was already loaded, toggle the lidswitch and have it work? :D

I know its probably asking for little less than a miracle, but I figured I'd ask anyway.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Switching discs on WODE without the LCD via Swiss?

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:00 pm

It's definitely possible via a software method as long as you have the lid switch wired up still somewhere.. question is, do I have the time to get it done? :p

It'd work by automatically finding disc 1/2 in Swiss and on "lid open" Swiss would internally switch the current ISO whilst the game waits (no going back to Swiss/etc).
Ashen

Re: Switching discs on WODE without the LCD via Swiss?

Post by Ashen » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:42 am

That would be sick man. One more thing I'll add to my wishlist. Would be nice for other users with WODE's too I suppose. ;)

Thanks for the reply Emu :D