Wii-U - what's got you excited about it?

All things Wii-U can be discussed in here!
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Wii-U - what's got you excited about it?

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:36 pm

I'm particularly looking forward to Pikmin 3 which was showcased at E3 this year.. even though I've never played the first two (which I plan to do immediately after I finish The Last Story). It looks stunning for one thing, but reminds me of the good old GameCube early launch days when Pikmin was around.

Also, dual Game Pad (the one with the screen), sounds great, imagine co-op on those bad boys in a Zelda style game.. :)

What is everyone else looking forward to on the Wii-U?

(P.S. No negative crap in here, make another thread if you want to have a rant/cry about what you want from the Wii-U that isn't being delivered)
siphoned

Re: Wii-U - what's got you excited about it?

Post by siphoned » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:43 am

Unique 5th player function like on super mario bros U and Luigi's haunted mansion. The 5th player takes on a dungeon master type of role and controls, guides and helps the other 4 players. So is the nintendoland feature a multi-player online mini game forum? Or did I not understand that right?

Playing like a portable system with the TV turned off is cool but the ability to have an EXTRA screen will be even better. Remember how cool the map was when you hooked the GBA to your Gamecube on Luigi's mansion? I can't wait to check that out on the new Aliens game. You hold the WiiU controller up to the tv screen to overlay thermal scans of aliens. Awesome. Looks like it works on the LEGO City game too. I hope the 3rd party support keeps rolling it.
AC_Orange

Post by AC_Orange » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:27 am

Pikmin 3 of course :)

I was hoping that there would be some sort of co-op, online or offline. There's so much potential in that game when it comes to multiplayer.

The new controller looks nice but let's hope that new games will not heavily rely on it, they need to concentrate on the action on screen. Would be nice to see a new Zelda Four Swords game though

The best thing that they can do with WiiU is to have a rule where every single game has got an option to use Classic Controller. I don't mind using Wiimote and Nunchuk but that needs to be optional.

Other than that, I look forward to the new games and hope it works out for Nintendo
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:05 am

not trying to be negative...
but i kinda look forward to seeing how nintendo tries to resell titles via virtual console....

to add more, i wonder which wii titles they will offer...(if any were really that great)
i really look forward to seeing how nintendo games look on 1080p and if there are any re-render of VC titles upgraded to 1080p

not saying i would expect NES titles to look fantastic in 1080p, but if they were remade in a sort of way....it might be worth replaying to see old titles get a face lift...
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:43 am

i really want to see how they integrate into that whole media thing. like the integration of youtube/netflix etc.
consoles are becoming more and more important in that sector so i really wanna see how nintendo integrates it. and how important it is for them.

also, the miiverse looks interesting
please search before you ask - a lot has been discussed already!
(or use google with "site:gc-forever.com *term*")
http://is.gd/MDmZcr

we also have a wiki filled with knowledge
http://is.gd/dX58Rm
M tha MaN

Post by M tha MaN » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:59 pm

siphoned wrote:Unique 5th player function like on super mario bros U and Luigi's haunted mansion. The 5th player takes on a dungeon master type of role and controls, guides and helps the other 4 players.
That's what I'm exiceted about too.[/quote]

Also like liquitt mentioned the miiverse.
Cubelover

Post by Cubelover » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:43 pm

I am looking forward to yet another awesome 2D Mario game and off course to Zelda WiiU (that will perhaps be released 2020) :D
Was never a big fan of Pikmin, although I bought the first one. Hopefully Nintendo will offer Virtual Console Gamecube Games and if you can play them on the little screen of the Wii U Pad, it would be even better :) I expect Retro Studios to deliver the next big thing. Star Fox on Wii U? Hell yeah!
wii_HD

Post by wii_HD » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:02 pm

From the titles shown so far I like the look of

Platinum Games - Project P100

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9YjceHWgC8

Namco Bandai - Tank Tank Tank

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf5bRbiJdsE

Im another player who passed on Pikmin first time round but think I will check numer 3 out.
Playing - Super Mario Sunshine - DariusBurst CS - Hotline Miami 2 - Rpi2 Lakka - X360 BurnOut Paradise City
AC_Orange

Post by AC_Orange » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:46 pm

Just out of curiousity guys, what made you not like Pikmin and have you given it a proper shot?
If you get a chance definitely also try the second game, it's worth it. I don't think I could jump straight to P3, without playing the others :P
siphoned

Post by siphoned » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:41 am

Pikmin is great. The 2nd one was amazing. Dog piling bugs and hauling em back. You just don't know how cool the game is until you play it. The only thing it needed was more levels, longer game play.
HomelandReloaded

Post by HomelandReloaded » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:38 am

Just about everything. With the high definition display and enough power it can play any kind of game, so it should be well supported. I'm glad the pad has got classic controls too. Connectivity looks good. Overall it looks like the gaming experience has just advanced.
siphoned wrote:Remember how cool the map was when you hooked the GBA to your Gamecube on Luigi's mansion?
I didn't know you could do that.
Air Conditioner

Post by Air Conditioner » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:35 am

I have to agree with most people, I am really excited about Pikmin 3. The officcial announcement... it was deep. It made me feel like a purple pikmin.
Formerly Mizumi