Video out Question.

Find all your GameCube topics here
Monkeyman

Video out Question.

Post by Monkeyman » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:12 am

Well I'm going to be starting my gamecube portable after I obtain all of my parts for my build. I don't know too much about video but I cant justify getting a 200$ component cable of ebay. (I haven't checked my local game shops yet).

A couple questions.

1. Is there any way to get 480p/i over the A/V composite out (using swiss forcing 480p). I found this screen and it says it can support 480p but is that even possible over composite?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GX4 ... YKCSJT9WP5

2. If I get the above screen and it doesn't support 480p will it look any better then say a lower resolution screen?

3. Should I just get a pal gamecube motherboard and a good dalian 5 inch screen. (Dunno what else is required but I know Pal cubes support RGB output without the 200$ cable.)

So what have you guys done? Please let me know any comments will be greatly appreciated.

I'm just trying to get the best possible looking video I can get, without breaking the bank.
megalomaniac

Re: Video out Question.

Post by megalomaniac » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:56 am

200$ for a video cable is your call to decide if its worth it or not...it does look really great
i also like 480i component (not composite) on a CRT...
RGB PAL would be the "cheapest" solution to get the best available color / image

...but it also depends on the monitor...
some monitors that do support 480p might also suffer lines displayed down the screen...i dont know if dalian is such a great deal afterall ever since they changed their video display control boards which started showing these line issues...

its all hit and miss because you never know what you will end up with...
RGB PAL is a sure bet but only 480i

now if you could find a 480p YPBPR monitor, that should solve the line noise problem
ive seen some online for about 100$ if you look around
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image