Help, does a mod chip need a built in memory on the GameCube

Find all your GameCube topics here
Naz132

Help, does a mod chip need a built in memory on the GameCube

Post by Naz132 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:48 pm

Hey guys, im ordering my things for my GameCube portable and im wondering if i need a memory card built in on slot A.

Im using a WASP fusion so im assuming all the game play gets saved on the SD card im playing the games off...?

Can someone correct me if im not. I don't want to order a memory card for no reason.

Thanks in advance.
andre104623

Re: Help, does a mod chip need a built in memory on the Game

Post by andre104623 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:11 am

Naz132 wrote:Hey guys, im ordering my things for my GameCube portable and im wondering if i need a memory card built in on slot A.

Im using a WASP fusion so im assuming all the game play gets saved on the SD card im playing the games off...?

Can someone correct me if im not. I don't want to order a memory card for no reason.

Thanks in advance.
The games play off the wasp fusions sd card slot. If you want to save your games then you will have to install a memory card or a sd gekko and use swiss to save to sd card. To be honest if your making a portable you should solder a memory card to slot a (256 or 512 mb are great for portable) and sd gekko in slot b
Naz132

Post by Naz132 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:45 am

Thanks for the reply, i dont think a SD gecko is needed for me. All i want to do with my portable is play games. I hear a SD gecko is for emulators and something else which i am not that interested in.

Thanks tough ill be sure to buy a memory card.
theclaw

Post by theclaw » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:35 am

Yeah Nintendo intended SD cards to use a memory card slot. If located elsewhere, some special things may not work.
Almost certainly the SD features of Dobutsu no Mori e+. But I don't have anything like a WASP fusion to confirm it.

Having memory cards removable isn't too important on portables.
Unless you're going to use an NTSC board with installed US/JP region switch (it improves game compatibility), as each mode needs a separate card.