The best graphic for Pal / NTSC

Find all your GameCube topics here
Crosz

The best graphic for Pal / NTSC

Post by Crosz » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:06 pm

I was wondering what is the best way for Pay or NTSC Gamecube Konsoles.
I reserched a bit and made a smal Graphic for my better understanding wich Cables and Mods are common:

NTSC:
1. As i understand, the VGA-Component-Mod ist the best quality for NTSC-Konsoles but is just working with monitors (Progressive Scan)
2. just the Component Cable (Progressive Scan)
3.D-Terminal-Cable

PAL
1. Component-Cable (without Progressive Scan)?!
2. Scart-RGB?!

Now my Questions:
1. Is something wrong?
2.Can D-Terminal-Cable enable Progressive Scan?
->If so, why would you make an Scart-RGB-Mod wich disable the Progressive Scan?
3. Is it possible for an "PAL-CUBE" to use Progressive Scan if u get like a region mod + NTSC Games?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: The best graphic for Pal / NTSC

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:22 pm

D-Terminal cable can be made into a Component cable.
RGB Scart that plugs into the Digital port can also be made into a Component cable.

RGB Cable that plugs into the analog port is a cheap way to get something better than composite on a PAL console (assuming your TV has RGB input).

1. What I stated above was missing.
2. Yes, since it can be made into a component cable and uses the same chip, the game "should" prompt in the same way to enable progressive.
3. Use something like Swiss to enable progressive mode or boot imports, then it should prompt, or you could force it.
theclaw

Re: The best graphic for Pal / NTSC

Post by theclaw » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:08 am

1. VGA cables in most cases are limited to progressive games. Unless the monitor accepts 480i etc from VGA.

2. With the same chip, the console should be unaware whether it has a component or d-terminal cable.
RGB modding either cable is for special uses. Most obviously NTSC cubes on TVs who accept RGB at 60hz. Yet neither component, s-video, or 480p.

3. I believe so. Don't own a PAL cube myself.

That reminds me... Haven't tried a progressive PAL game (often said to be Godzilla) to see if they prompt normally on NTSC cubes.