Using Action Replay over PSOLoad

Find all your GameCube topics here
TrekkiesUnite118

Using Action Replay over PSOLoad

Post by TrekkiesUnite118 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:35 pm

So a few years ago I lost my Action Replay disc. But I still have the memory card and everything else that came with it. So since I have Phantasy Star Online Episode I&II I figured I could simply use PSOLoad to load an Action Replay DOL file to start the software and then use my AR Memory Card to load my codes for the games I wanted to fiddle around with.

I was able to find a DOL file that's been floating around that's intended to be installed as a Wii homebrew channel to launch GC games with AR cheat codes. I was able to get it to boot using PSOLoad, but when it get's to the part where I'm to swap discs, it just keeps saying "Please insert your game disc" and doesn't seem to recognize the door opening or even attempting to read the disc.

I was wondering if anyone here has experience with using Action Replay in this manner and could help me get it working? I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to ask this.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Using Action Replay over PSOLoad

Post by emu_kidid » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:08 pm

Use it to boot Swiss instead. Anything intended for Wii (even in GameCube mode) probably won't help unless if you had a modchip then it might have a slight chance...
cornandbeans

Post by cornandbeans » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:10 pm

There is a Homebrew Action Replay app you can download. It functions exactly the same as an AR disk. However you do need to have 3rd party memory card for it to function properly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C2RlcLV9xw <--- there is a video/tutorial on how to install it. Not sure if the download links still work, all I know is I still have it on my SD card and it works perfectly fine.
TrekkiesUnite118

Post by TrekkiesUnite118 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:44 pm

emu_kidid wrote:Use it to boot Swiss instead. Anything intended for Wii (even in GameCube mode) probably won't help unless if you had a modchip then it might have a slight chance...
Once I have Swiss loaded what would I need to do to boot a game using Action Replay codes?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:51 pm

Oh - I misread. To do that with Swiss, wait a few months until I implement it back in :P