Help a noob - swiss not booting games

Find all your GameCube topics here
LilaQ

Help a noob - swiss not booting games

Post by LilaQ » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:09 am

Hey guys,

a few days ago I ordered a GameCube and also a WiiKey SD Adapter. After I read a bit, I realized a modchip would be necessary too.

So, today I soldered a XenoGC into my GC and burned the ISO of the latest nightly of SWISS. It directly booted up.

I had already ordered a 64GB SDHX card (THIS one -> http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00KCDT ... ge_o02_s00 to be precise) and copied some games on it. They all appeared in the SWISS menu, after I changed to SD inside SWISS.

I tried to start a few games, did not fiddle with the options at all, since I don't really know what may effect the outcome here,
but none of them worked.

E.g. Super Mario Sunshine. Either the screen turns black, or the screen freezes with the message display something like "100% loaded - success - starting game".

From there on, I can't even reboot with the RESET button on the GC, I have to turn it off an on again.

Now I hope for some tipps from you guys to make this work - I feel like I'm really close, but ... well, close ain't enough ;-)

Thanks in advance & best regards!

LilaQ
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Help a noob - swiss not booting games

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:13 am

We're helping you on IRC ;)
LilaQ

Re: Help a noob - swiss not booting games

Post by LilaQ » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:16 pm

Indeed! :D

To sum it up. The sd-card was not working, switched to an INTENSO 32gig and everything worked well.

Thanks again to emu_kidid and the rest in the channel.