I have only tried gecko dot net 0.63.0 with the wii and my failed project
, I thought wiird and gecko dot net are for the wii only !
Can you try this on the wii before we do anything else to make sure that the hardware is all good.
1) download / install the latest homebrew channel software on the wii
2) Connect the gecko clone into slotb of the wii
3) Fire up the wii and go to the homebrew channel start it.
4) In the bottom right hand corner you should see the little gecko symbol is lit up (this is important it means the wii can see the device as usb gecko this needs to be lit).
5) add this to your enviroment settings WIILOAD and then the comm port number the gecko uses for example COM4
6) Download devkitpro for the wii / gamecube and the examples. Go to the wii examples compile one (tools->make) I used the gx triangle demo then go to tools->run, wiiload should transfer the code from the pc to the wii and you should see a triangle on your screen.
does that work ?