Build disc with GameCube homebrew software

Find all your GameCube topics here
albertocastillo2001

Build disc with GameCube homebrew software

Post by albertocastillo2001 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:40 pm

Hello

It's been a while since I posted in this forums, and I see that they are still active. I really like to see this. The GameCube is one of my favorite consoles, but thanks to all of you and all these projects that are available for it make it even better.

I remember burning an old version of Swiss along some other utilities, and using Swiss DVD menu to load the DOLs on the disc. I wonder if there's a utility, like a simple DVD DOL browser that runs at the beginning, so you can choose to load any software you want. There are so many utilities I'd like to burn inside.

I also have another question. I remember tiem ago I asked if there was any software available that could read discs on the GameCube from start to end so you can see how well the drive is reading them and if you will find potential DREs when running the game. Is there something like that available?

Also I have a XenoGC chip as well. I remember a very old tool called uldorel I think which was used to disable XenoGC. I remember using it to be able to load older versions of GCOM or GCOS in the past.

You see this is a thread made of "remembers" hah. I really need to give a try to the new Swiss versions.

Thanks!
megalomaniac

Re: Build disc with GameCube homebrew software

Post by megalomaniac » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:09 pm

swiss will do anything you need for browsing discs, SD, IDE-EXI, + others...
use a newer version and you will see how far it has come...

to test a disc or laser (depending on how you look at it) CleanRip is a good tool to provide you with an MD5sum of the disc to let you know if the disc was read completely and accurately. Also this lets you know your laser can read a disc from beginning to end...
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
albertocastillo2001

Post by albertocastillo2001 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:38 am

Thank you!

I should have tried newer Swiss versions before asking.
Should I try a nightly build or the 0.3 release?

Does CleanRip tell you the performance of the drive as well? I think this way you can assure if your gameplay will be affected

I have to read everything again on how to build custom ISOs with stuff inside so I can access them from Swiss.

Thank you again!
albertocastillo2001

Post by albertocastillo2001 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:27 pm

I would like to say that the information in the wiki and the forums are very complete, pretty easy to "flush" my mind. I guess I will create a bootable disc today using the information on the wiki and pack it with some homebrew utilities and Swiss as the main boot file.

By the way, should Swiss still be processed with dollz when booting from a DVD with XenoGC?

Thanks
capzlk

Post by capzlk » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:59 am

Let us know what your experiences are, im curious since I want to do something similar. Also swiss doesn't need to be processed, it'll work as-is