Wasp Swiss Problems... [SOLVED]

Find all your GameCube topics here
ZephaniahNoah

Wasp Swiss Problems... [SOLVED]

Post by ZephaniahNoah » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:28 pm

So when I got my WASP the first thing I did after connecting it to my Cube was flash Swiss to it. Swiss auto-boot to be exact. But I think I used a PAL version on my NTSC GameGube. So I had Swiss on my GC but it wouldn't auto-boot. So I downloaded and installed the nightly from here. I started having all sorts of problems from problems reading my SD to not turning on at all. Then one day it auto-booted! Evan though I removed auto-boot. Then I got a "Invalid WASP/WKF" error from Swiss. My WASP is now having all sorts of problems. What should I try next?
Last edited by ZephaniahNoah on Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
megalomaniac

Re: Wasp Swiss Problems...

Post by megalomaniac » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:58 pm

What do you mean by "removed autoboot"

Also, are you familiar with the difference between autoboot and autoload??
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
ZephaniahNoah

Post by ZephaniahNoah » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:50 am

I mean I installed Swiss auto-boot, (Or whatever it's called when it skips the bios.) then installed this one. Then after a few months, one day, it randomly skipped the bios, or auto-boot. And no, I am not familiar with the difference between auto-boot and auto-load.

Perhaps something went wrong with the flash. Should I try reinstalling Swiss? I tried WiiKey's Recovery Image, and that did nothing. I was going to use the Recovery Image, and then reinstall Swiss. Perhaps the WASP is a bit different from the WiiKey.

Sorry. I'm still a bit of a newbie to all this.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:36 am

99.999999999% sure nothing is wrong with the flash...
i just looked at your build thread....im pretty sure the problem is your wiring...you get all kinds of inconsistent behavior when wires start breaking
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
ZephaniahNoah

Post by ZephaniahNoah » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:34 am

I kept looking at my wiring and couldn't find any problems. So I just kept moving it around, seeing when it works and when it doesn't. And you were right! But my wiring was ok, it was the ribbon cable. I need to get a new one along with a GCVideo from badassconsoles.
EDIT: Forgot to mention. I used the NHD-FFC36 to attach the WASP to my GC. I didn't connect wires directly to the ribbon cable.