Best titles I should purchase?

Find all your GameCube topics here
cornandbeans

Best titles I should purchase?

Post by cornandbeans » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:36 pm

So, I've been feeling like upping my GC library. I have a decent library of games now, but there are some classics I'd love to get my hands on again (SA2B being one of them, perhaps MK:DD!! if I could find one for fairly cheap). While at the same time, I am also stocking up on my N64 library, but willing to put of that for later as GC was my most beloved system (well, N64 and GC are a tie. I just spent more time on the GC as I grew up with it).

Notable titles I already own
Pikmin
SSBM
Mario Sunshine
Pokemon Colosseum
Sonic Adventure DX
PSO
Paper Mario

I own a lot of other GC games besides this, like some to note would be Time Splitters: Future Perfect which is rather difficult to come by these days. Feel free to suggest any title you feel is worth playing this day in age...I love the gamecube, so I am open to all suggestions. :P
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Best titles I should purchase?

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:00 am

Metroid Prime 1 & 2
007 Nightfire
Mario Party 4
Pikmin 2
Luigis Mansion
Twilight Princess
Wind Waker
Bloody Roar
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Geist
Battalion Wars
Eternal Darkness
F-Zero GX
Star Fox Adventures
Star Fox: Assault
Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader

and probably not for everyone but I enjoyed the Prince of Persia games a lot back in 2007.
cornandbeans

Post by cornandbeans » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:06 am

emu_kidid wrote:Metroid Prime 1 & 2
007 Nightfire
Mario Party 4
Pikmin 2
Luigis Mansion
Twilight Princess
Wind Waker
Bloody Roar
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Geist
Battalion Wars
Eternal Darkness
F-Zero GX
Star Fox Adventures
Star Fox: Assault
Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader

and probably not for everyone but I enjoyed the Prince of Persia games a lot back in 2007.
I actually forgot to mention I had owned Luigis Mansion, Toadstool Tour, and Metroid Prime xd. I'd purchase Pikmin 2 if it wasn't so damn expensive but I also own the new play control version on the wii so I'm probably gonna hold off on that one for a while. :P
marcus9199

Post by marcus9199 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:29 am

I like all of those but to me Super mario Strikers and SSX on tour. are hidden gems. and not exclusive but beyond good and evil is great too. SSX on tour lets you play as Mario and Luigi also.
My wife took my Beer Away!!!!
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:44 am

Nice, I played SSX a lot on PS2 when it was first released, didn't know that about Mario & Luigi being in SSX: On Tour for GC.

I liked Super Mario Baseball a lot too
Saxorus

Post by Saxorus » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:10 pm

Although I've never played it, Resident Evil 4 is considered one of the best video games of all time. I'd check that out.
The Zelda titles pretty much go without saying. I own and have played through Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, and they are both awesome games. I played the Wii version of Twilight Princess at a friend's house, and the controls seemed a bit awkward and half-assed, so I'd recommend getting it on Gamecube instead.
I also recommend Super Monkey Ball. It's one diabolically hard game, but the replay value is enormous. In addition to the main game, there are 6 multiplayer-oriented mini games, not to mention that the game always runs at a smooth, no lag 60 FPS. I enjoyed this game a lot with my friends back in the day.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:04 am

+1 super monkey ball ^^^^
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
Korados

Post by Korados » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:31 pm

There are so many great games for the Gamecube, it's hard to pick the best! emu-kidid mentioned Mario Party 4 already but the other three games, 5, 6 and 7, are also great!
Pokemon XD wasn't mentioned by now. That's one of my all-time favourites! And for the Mario sports titles, there's also Mario Power Tennis and Super Mario Strikers (Mario Smash Football in Europe). But nothing beats Paper Mario: TTYD in my opinion. I played this game at least 8 times, I just finished it again two days ago. I find it's one of the greatest games Nintendo ever made!
Saxorus

Post by Saxorus » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:01 am

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door is my favorite Paper Mario game, and I think many people agree on that. I'm not much into RPGs, but Paper Mario TTYD was a great game.
Doomkeks

Post by Doomkeks » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:22 pm

Must have GC Games (despite you might already have some):

- Resident Evil 0, 1 & 4 (what more to say?)
- Paper Mario (second best RPG ever)
- Metroid Prime (masterpiece in just about everything)
- Baten Kaitos (THE best RPG ever)
- Killer7 (might not fit everyone but I'm in love with this)
- Eternal Darkness (very innovative)
- Super Monkey Ball 1 (yes, I know it looks very childish but it's addicting as hell and comes with a really cool pool simulator)
- Cel Damage (forget Mario Kart! Awesome Physics, awesome graphics, awesome humor, awesome mulitplayer)
- Mario Party 4 (4 is easy and good for first-timers, 5 is good when you liked 4, 7 is quite complex but good when you like the franchise)
Diminuendo

Post by Diminuendo » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:31 am

I am very dissapointed there is no Viewtiful Joe already on the list. Viewtiful Joe 2 is fun, but not as special

Lost Kingdoms 1 and 2 are good choices.

Metroid Prime is one of the very few wiimakes with better functioning controls than the original, I recommend playing them on the Wii/Wii U.
Girmi007

Post by Girmi007 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:17 am

I bought my Gamecube mainly for multiplayer with my friends and the games that I enjoyed most so far are:

-WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Games!
-Super Monkeyball 2
-Kururin Sqauch
-Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
-Mario Kart: Double Dash
-Kirby air ride
-Soul calibur 2
-Alien Hominid
-Bomberman generations
-Pac-Man VS