Four Swords Adventure multiplayer problem

Find all your GameCube topics here
Girmi007

Four Swords Adventure multiplayer problem

Post by Girmi007 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:09 pm

Hi,

I recently purchased 2 Gameboy Advances (AGB-001) to play the multiplayer of The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures, but I can't seem to get it to work.
When I plug in the first GBA, the game recognizes it and the GBA shows the game message on the screen. But as soon as I plug in the second GBA, the first one reboots and both get stuck on the Nintendo bootscreen. Anyone got any ideas as to what might be the problem?

Much appreciated,
Girmi
badsector

Re: Four Swords Adventure multiplayer problem

Post by badsector » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:44 am

Do you use original cables to connect the GBAs to the GC? I had problems with some third party cables too.
Girmi007

Post by Girmi007 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:27 pm

I'm using Piranha Xtreme Gamecube to GBA Linkcables, could this be the problem?
If so, is there any way to fix it or should I just get myself some original cables?
badsector

Post by badsector » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:02 am

Are those cables working with other games? You could try it with Pac VS or FF Chrystal Chronicles.
AC_Orange

Post by AC_Orange » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:19 am

I only used the original cables and never had any problems. This is the only game where I actually used them
Have you actually tried to play single player with just the one GBA? It's been a while so not sure if possible. Maybe one of the two cables is faulty is what I'm trying to say, or try what badsector suggested
Girmi007

Post by Girmi007 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:09 pm

It does work for the single player mode of FSA. However, both cables and GBA show connection problems in Pacman VS, the "connected" message on the start screen flickers, like the GBA is constantly connecting and disconnecting. But I have played Pacman VS with my cables in combination with a friends GBA SP and that worked just fine.