GBI 240p over component

Find all your GameCube topics here
coderkind

GBI 240p over component

Post by coderkind » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:00 am

Hi all,

first post and have done a search, but the results haven't revealed the answer.

I'm using SD Media Launcher for the first time and trying to get Game Boy Interface working in 240p over an official component cable. I launch Swiss first and when it starts it always seems to default to a progressive resolution I need to switch out of (my BVM doesn't support 480p), so I set it to 480i.

When I try to launch the Ultra Low Latency version of GBI within Swiss I don't seem to get any configuration options via the X button when in GBI. It's only when I choose the (presumably) "normal" version of GBI in Swiss that I get an option screen which allows me to set things like resolution. When I enable this (keeping the green tick selected) to set a 240p120 resolution and then press start, which version of GBI is it launching? The default one? If so, is there anyway I can configure the Ultra Low Latency version to launch and set a 240p signal?

Should I be trying to launch GBI outside of Swiss to set a 240p resolution?

Finally, when this version of GBI launches it seems to be in a progressive mode, as my BVM displays 4 duplicated, green-tinted images and that the resolution is something beginning with 720x (which I'm assuming is a high progressive mode).

If these are stupid questions then apologies; I can't see any instructions in GitHub (https://github.com/emukidid/swiss-gc).
coderkind

Re: GBI 240p over component

Post by coderkind » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:53 am

Not to worry; gotten the answers on Reddit (which were basically that the ULL version doesn't allow config options seemingly).
Extrems

Re: GBI 240p over component

Post by Extrems » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:29 am

coderkind wrote:Finally, when this version of GBI launches it seems to be in a progressive mode, as my BVM displays 4 duplicated, green-tinted images and that the resolution is something beginning with 720x (which I'm assuming is a high progressive mode).
That's because you picked 240p120, not 240p60. The horizontal resolution is always 720 regardless.