Help burning a SnesGX DVD

Find all your GameCube topics here
sidgallup

Help burning a SnesGX DVD

Post by sidgallup » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:30 am

Hi, long story short... i have a mini DVD with the whole Snes collection running from Snes GX, my console has a Xeno chip and this disc works fine, however i want to update the .dol with the latest version of SnesGX.

Attached is the directory structure of the Iso, so i only need to replace the bootldr.dol with the newest version.

Ive tried doing it using this script tool viewtopic.php?f=3&t=657 but after doing it and creating the new Iso, the game no longer loads on Dolphin 4 and just freezes at the Emulator screen, i cant get into the emu settings or anything it just freezes.

I guess the same will happen on my Gamecube if i burn it so i dont want to just waste a few DVD's until it works on Dolphin.

Any ideas on what could i be doing wrong? whats the correct way of replacing-rebuilding a bootable Iso?
Attachments
555899.jpg
(171.7 KiB) Not downloaded yet
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Help burning a SnesGX DVD

Post by emu_kidid » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:58 am

I think the issue is that your new dol is having issues with dolphin rather than your iso being bad. Where did you get the DOL from, is it one of my VM enabled builds? If so they won't work most likely in dolphin.

Failing that, make an iso with just the dol and upload it somewhere so someone else can check it out for you.
sidgallup

Post by sidgallup » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:48 am

emu_kidid wrote:I think the issue is that your new dol is having issues with dolphin rather than your iso being bad. Where did you get the DOL from, is it one of my VM enabled builds? If so they won't work most likely in dolphin.

Failing that, make an iso with just the dol and upload it somewhere so someone else can check it out for you.

yeah it was an issue with Dolphin, ive tried literally every build and found that v4.32 is the latest one that works on Dolphin, not sure if the newest ones will work on real hardware tho, ill try to burn the latest one on a regular DVD since im running out of minis.
tueidj

Post by tueidj » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:45 am

Supposedly Dolphin now fully supports virtual memory (see their blog post about being able to play "every" GC game) but I wouldn't count on it.