Dumping Datel unlicensed discs?

Find all your GameCube topics here
toxic9
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:40 am

Re: Dumping Datel unlicensed discs?

Post by toxic9 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:33 pm

I tried all the PC's I've got around here and no one runs Dolphin =/
I even tried on a very good ESXI server, and none of my VM's runs Dolphin.
I think the GPU's I have (phisical and virtual) doesn't meet the needs.
Here is a link to my Full size ISO. Do you have a PC to test where Dolphin tries to access the ISO?
https://ufile.io/zisdi

Thanks for all your effort in helping!
It could be awesome if we can complete your CleanRip modded version to be able to dump all discs available.
GreyRogue
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:57 am

Re: Dumping Datel unlicensed discs?

Post by GreyRogue » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:46 pm

toxic9 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:33 pm
I tried all the PC's I've got around here and no one runs Dolphin =/
I even tried on a very good ESXI server, and none of my VM's runs Dolphin.
I think the GPU's I have (phisical and virtual) doesn't meet the needs.
Here is a link to my Full size ISO. Do you have a PC to test where Dolphin tries to access the ISO?
https://ufile.io/zisdi

Thanks for all your effort in helping!
It could be awesome if we can complete your CleanRip modded version to be able to dump all discs available.
Can you post the contents of the .skp file the modded cleanrip created for the disc?
toxic9
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:40 am

Re: Dumping Datel unlicensed discs?

Post by toxic9 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:51 pm

Here they are!

<skipcrc crc100000="BAEE06DD" skipfill="00"/>
<skip start="01F00000" stop="4FFFFFFF"/>
<skip start="50100000" stop="570FFFFF"/>

Dumpinfo:

Filename: GNHE5d
Internal Name: NHL HITZ 20-02
MD5: 92F09D17BA4859C09C5E1ACC72A84488
SHA-1: B24CE60308560D888EEC10EF071595AC890F194D
CRC32: CAE79340
Version: 1.00
Verified: No
Seconds: 9577
GreyRogue
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:57 am

Re: Dumping Datel unlicensed discs?

Post by GreyRogue » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:06 pm

According to the skip data it looks like it found additional data between 0x50000000 and 0x50100000 are you sure that data was all 0?
toxic9
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:40 am

Re: Dumping Datel unlicensed discs?

Post by toxic9 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:55 pm

Yes, the disc is filled with "A8" until the end.
When it was dumping the disc I remeber it had some difficult to pass over 85% or something... it stopped around that percentage and made lots of weird sounds... I did't touch anything, and after a while it continued to dump the rest of the disc. I don't think there is any data on that sectors. It should be a drive error or something that causes that gap on the skip data file.
GreyRogue
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:57 am

Re: Dumping Datel unlicensed discs?

Post by GreyRogue » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:23 pm

The 0x50000000 range is where most of my Datel discs have additional program data. Can you double check things? Private message sent.
toxic9
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:40 am

Re: Dumping Datel unlicensed discs?

Post by toxic9 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:13 pm

Oh my God! You're right! I'm so SORRY!!
I have so much dumps on my desktop and I also were confused! I sent you a wrong dump filled full size manually by me.
Actually I had not tried your CleanRip full size dump because I though it was similar to the others I have and I only compared the data between 0Mb and 31Mb!
I thought the rest was blank!

I checked the real full size dump and there was some data on that address! SO I run to burn the ISO... and it WORKED!
Thanks for the tips! Awesome!
Here is the link:
https://ufile.io/dh7nf
I would like that you add the information about this disc to your datel.dat
Do you think it is interesting to make a "release"?
GreyRogue
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:57 am

Re: Dumping Datel unlicensed discs?

Post by GreyRogue » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:36 pm

toxic9 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:13 pm
Oh my God! You're right! I'm so SORRY!!
I have so much dumps on my desktop and I also were confused! I sent you a wrong dump filled full size manually by me.
Actually I had not tried your CleanRip full size dump because I though it was similar to the others I have and I only compared the data between 0Mb and 31Mb!
I thought the rest was blank!

I checked the real full size dump and there was some data on that address! SO I run to burn the ISO... and it WORKED!
Thanks for the tips! Awesome!
Here is the link:
https://ufile.io/dh7nf
I would like that you add the information about this disc to your datel.dat
Do you think it is interesting to make a "release"?
Great. Glad it worked. Is this the right name to use?
Datel SD Media Launcher (Europe)

Do you want me to add it, or do you want to submit a pull request to GitHub?
toxic9
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:40 am

Re: Dumping Datel unlicensed discs?

Post by toxic9 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:49 pm

That's the correct name of the disc.
This is the real "SD Media Launcher" disc, since the latest version, you open the DVD case and inside you find the Action Replay disc.

You can add it if you don't mind. I will be glad =)
If you add any nfo file or some adicional information, you can tell this is the "black&white" label disc, to not make confusion with AR pink disc inside SDML case.
Finally you can make a little reference to me =D
Ahaha!

Thank you so much. Your CleanRip mod is a great tool!
GreyRogue
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:57 am

Re: Dumping Datel unlicensed discs?

Post by GreyRogue » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:07 am

Done. If you have any other Datel discs you'd like to add, just let me know.
https://github.com/greyrogue/cleanrip/c ... 25cb4e3a06
toxic9
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:40 am

Re: Dumping Datel unlicensed discs?

Post by toxic9 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:15 pm

GreyRogue wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:07 am
Done. If you have any other Datel discs you'd like to add, just let me know.
https://github.com/greyrogue/cleanrip/c ... 25cb4e3a06
Thanks =)

In fact I noticed on my tests that we just need to change a single value inside the code to get the American ISO. The game ID remains the same. But I don't have the American disc to confirm that.
User avatar
emu_kidid
Site Admin
Posts: 4372
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:06 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Dumping Datel unlicensed discs?

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:42 am

Should I dump my Max Play Vol 1 using this method?
Image
GreyRogue
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:57 am

Re: Dumping Datel unlicensed discs?

Post by GreyRogue » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:31 pm

emu_kidid wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:42 am
Should I dump my Max Play Vol 1 using this method?
I like being able to rip and verify all the discs I buy, so I'd like to see all the discs dumped (including the ones I've already done verified by others), but this is one is especially interesting to me. My AGP disc that has the 10 Max Play games on it, also had 9 other games hidden on the disc. I'd be curious to know if this one has them as well. I added a cheat to Nintendont that lets you play the hidden games, but if I knew more about how the individual game master codes work, I'd have made an Action Replay code for it.
Of course, I'll add it to the file if you post the info. Alternatively, feel free to take whatever you want from GitHub and merge into the official CleanRip if you'd rather do that. My changes are mostly just copy and paste from stuff you already did.
User avatar
emu_kidid
Site Admin
Posts: 4372
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:06 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Dumping Datel unlicensed discs?

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:35 pm

GreyRogue wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:31 pm
emu_kidid wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:42 am
Should I dump my Max Play Vol 1 using this method?
I like being able to rip and verify all the discs I buy, so I'd like to see all the discs dumped (including the ones I've already done verified by others), but this is one is especially interesting to me. My AGP disc that has the 10 Max Play games on it, also had 9 other games hidden on the disc. I'd be curious to know if this one has them as well. I added a cheat to Nintendont that lets you play the hidden games, but if I knew more about how the individual game master codes work, I'd have made an Action Replay code for it.
Of course, I'll add it to the file if you post the info. Alternatively, feel free to take whatever you want from GitHub and merge into the official CleanRip if you'd rather do that. My changes are mostly just copy and paste from stuff you already did.
Yep, I'll merge them in to CleanRip with a few minor modifications soon.
Image
Post Reply