XCM Viper full size case question

Find all your GameCube topics here
yamaharacer

XCM Viper full size case question

Post by yamaharacer » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:54 am

Hi I have bought me last week a XCM Viper full size case. This case has in the back a USB and Parallel Port where I can connect Modchips to.

Here are my questions:

I have got a Viper GC Extreme installed in my Gamecube, but on the serial port there I have the Networkadapter so I cant flash the chip anymore. Is it possible to use the Parallel or USB Port on the back of the XCM case to flash the Ciper GC Extreme?

Does the Viper GC Extreme USB Adapter need to be connected to the serial port for flashing the viper chip or is the connection cable from the viper to the usb adapter enough?
Dragoon

Re: XCM Viper full size case question

Post by Dragoon » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:40 pm

I don't get the question(?)
It's enough with the old flashers, but when you use cobra manager it has to be plugged in the serial port.
yamaharacer

Post by yamaharacer » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:34 pm

first question is:

the xcm case has a usb pcb in the back an a parallel port. can i connect my viper gc extreme to the usb or parallel adapter and flash it via them?
yamaharacer

Post by yamaharacer » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:21 pm

ok i think the usb port is only for qoob pro modchips.

but can i flash the viper gc extrem via a parallel port like the old viper gc chip?
doktor_krotch

Post by doktor_krotch » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:11 am

Use the USB flasher. Only the ribbon cable needs to be plugged in for the viper flash tool.

You're right about the ports that came with the xcm case though. They're only for the Qoob Pro.
yamaharacer

Post by yamaharacer » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:14 pm

a few hours ago the case arrived. but the quality is realy bad. I prepared everything together but it doesnt fit realy good. on some places it looks like the plastik will explode because its so tight inside. even the gameboy player doesnt fit on the bottom. and the BBA has to much air so that it doesnt hold good.

all in all I will sell it again. maybe someone else want it and maybe mod it.
Dragoon

Post by Dragoon » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:28 pm

yeah, I have one too, but it has a IcedCube bottom (read the icedcube threat for where to buy it (multi-electronicscity)) and I had to trim both halves and even my cube to get it fitting.
gtmtnbiker

Post by gtmtnbiker » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:26 am

yeah, I had bought a full size case a couple of years ago and then resold it because the quality was poor. Since then, I picked up a cube with Qoob and a full size case already modded. The quality of that case was very good.