Advice pluto mod please

Find all your GameCube topics here
Snagger

Advice pluto mod please

Post by Snagger » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:42 am

Hi guys. I'd really like some advice if anyone can help me. Iv never touched a soldering iron in my life but I really wanted to have a go at the pluto mod. I had a couple of spare cubes collecting dust so I installed one.
I have a picture and I I have distorted sound. I also have the osd working.
Here's a quick video of the leds flashing. Are they doing what their supposed to?

https://youtu.be/pjZxe1JST6w/

Here's a short video of the sound and picture.

https://youtu.be/2L1JBeU6oZk/

If you can make it out the picture isn't hd and the sound only plays on certain parts of the game. After i choose mushroom cup the game won't move onto the next scene. It's exactly the same when I plug the analogue cable in. Iv checked time and time again and can't see any bad connections with a magnifying glass.

Any help would be really appreciated.
novenary

Re: Advice pluto mod please

Post by novenary » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:19 am

The picture is not supposed to be HD. I'll let Unseen help you diagnose the audio issues.
Have you tried another game to see if it also hangs?
Snagger

Post by Snagger » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:22 pm

Yeah mario sunshine also won't load past the first title screen. I can watch the intro when their on the plane then before the game starts in hangs. Twilight Princess and metroid 1 and 2 won't even start the game intro. That's the four games iv tested on. Iv not tried a monitor though if that would make a difference.
Sorry for sounding dumb iv got no modding experience at all I just love my cube and want to bring it up to date again.
novenary

Post by novenary » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:25 pm

Sounds like your DVD drive is having a hard time. You may need to clean the lens and adjust your pot. Are these games originals or backups?
Snagger

Post by Snagger » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:57 pm

There originals. Iv tried three different dvd drives from other cubes last night and its the same with each one. :(
Snagger

Post by Snagger » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:03 pm

Iv just tested the pots to and there coming out at 205 ohms.