EON vs gc video adapter?

Find all your GameCube topics here
weekendgamer

EON vs gc video adapter?

Post by weekendgamer » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:27 am

i need to know what ya through's on the adapter's for the gamecube. as i am writing this, i am getting the GC VIDEO HDMI adapter soon then the EON HDMI adapter because i have put in for the pre-order since late november(2017). the way i seen this new unit from eon it look like it useding the same fgpc board chip set as the gc video. also what i can't understand is that why do the adapter from eon have to put in to the av input for sound?

anyway's

what ya throughs on the GC VIDEO HDMI ADAPTER and the EON HDMI ADAPTER?
novenary

Re: EON vs gc video adapter?

Post by novenary » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:18 am

The eon is an overpriced and mediocre looking gcvideo. It should have HDMI audio unless they're idiots and removed it from the firmware.
weekendgamer

Post by weekendgamer » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:06 am

here the new 3.0 model from gc video hdmi i got from the guy who is just finishing the last touches of the adapter Image and it come with sound.

i can't find any pictures of the eon model but their was a video of the close unit and i don't see no pin in the av port of the box so it just show and a waste of housing just to plug it in. i think the reason they are doing this is because so the unit wouldn't move from shorting out.
novenary

Post by novenary » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:06 am

The analog port plug is a strain relief because the HDMI cable comes out from the side.
namesbond

Post by namesbond » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:06 pm

If you want the best buy GCVideoX from Badassconsoles.com and be patient. I currently have a beta unit and Mega is adding code to fix bugs where the open source code by unseen that powers all of these devices breaks down. The other difference between GCVideoX and these other units is he actually had a manufacturing plant create a replica of the proprietary digital port plug used on the Gamecube so his adapter will fit in the console perfectly. It is priced competitively aswell.
namesbond

Post by namesbond » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:10 pm

I've also owned the 2.0 version of the GCVideo Plug and Play. I didn't like it because you were supposed to remove power from your console when not in use so that it didn't short out while sitting there. I think he has fixed those problems over time but I would still just go with Mega's adapter.
novenary

Post by novenary » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:55 pm

Zeldaxpro's current design is this one, for which he refuses to give collingall and citrus3000psi any credit even though they've put it up online for free (the older revisions were based on happy_bunny's shuriken PCB to which he added his terrible connector). It is definitely better, but it won't be built as nicely and be as durable as a real, molded connector with custom-stamped pins. So far I don't really know how the EON adapter is built, but I doubt their quality standards are on par with mega's. Sit tight and wait for him to start shipping his design.
weekendgamer

Post by weekendgamer » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:49 pm

now since i seen what it is, a fpga chip. these chips are getting notice from the coding of playing retro console like the analog nt/super nt to a homebrew version of a scaler that is close to the frame meister (ossc). do you think the e.o.n. is useding that chip but a clone version of it, because i seen them before like the arms cpu's in the mini compute boards.(as in raspberry pi and ocio)

on another note,

i haven't heard of the GCVideoX from bad ass consoles but i think it what you soldier a board to the gamecube digital output right? or remove the digital output with the GCVideoX board put in right?
novenary

Post by novenary » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:54 pm

All variants of gcvideo (the EON included) use the same chip, because they're all based on the same open source firmware targeting that chip.
GCVideo X is also using that same chip, and is also plug and play, but it's the only one on record that is using properly manufactured connectors.
weekendgamer

Post by weekendgamer » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:22 pm

i like that two outta three company are useding a 3d printed controller then a metal controller for the lost cost. i wonder how well it will be for my capture card will take take it since i might be streaming with this then my wii console with a genetic hdmi convertor.
weekendgamer

Post by weekendgamer » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:41 am

ok i got my zeldaxpro hdmi adapter and i gotta say. it really great, the one downfall is the game itself of what you are playing. if it got pre-render video's it going to show alot of the arching of the video but in the game play, it shape and clean. the good part about it is that their no lag and the picture quality is on point. now their might be some interlacing here and their but you get used of it. i will be doing some recording of the gameplay footage later tonight and have it up by tuesday after if i get enough time to edit the video.
weekendgamer

Post by weekendgamer » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:05 am

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ICdmwi3RNE
www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMdBKh8gyZss
www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxnGxuIGfrQ

this test is from my capture card of avermedia hd c985 card. i was recording in 720p which the zxpmod hdmi adapter was out putting 480i(forgot their was a 576p mode). now i know their a few games that will run in 60fps but my capture card was doing it in 30p (1280x720p by 30p) so bare with me. i could record the footage in 1080p (1920x1080 by 30fps) but i only had limited time. i will do another video in that setting soon.

game: tony hawk: american wasteland,snk vs capcom 2 chao, phantasy star online ep1&2.
weekendgamer

Post by weekendgamer » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:00 am

here my another take of the footage i took but had to do some coverting of the footage i recorded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zOhfnpnnMM

set up: nintendo gamecube 001
model zxp mod hdmi adapter
game:blood rayne (with cheats on) footage 480i(game wasn't supported of progressive scan)
convert software by avidemux from 480i to 1080p video editing
software by sony vegas movie studio(steam edition)
sony avc internet template setting 1080p

i was looking to upscale the picture/footage from 480i to 1080p for clean look for youtube without image tear and blur. and this set up i have is perfect for me to edit video's for online used.