New to HOMEBREW, SWISS, & GBI. Need help!

Find all your GameCube topics here
KJonline

Re: New to HOMEBREW, SWISS, & GBI. Need help!

Post by KJonline » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:57 am

ok everything FINALLY came in. I got my GC, GBP, and my SDML w/a 2gb SD card all ready to go!

and its hooked up to my HDTV so i can see the screen as I change the system to 60hz 480i before i hook it back up to my CRT.

Im new to homberew remember lol. ... so how do I do all this?

ive come so far and spent so much money. im not giving up. i want my GB, GBC, and GBA on my CRT via RGB in 240P!!! :)
KJonline

Post by KJonline » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:28 pm

UPDATE: Ok i took the time to mess with everything last night. I downloaded SWISS and thrww versions of GBI homebrew and put them onto my SD card for my GC.

I was able to get into SWISS and change the video setting to 480i.

However, my main issue now is how do i SAVE SETTINGS, so that whenever i turn back on my GC, it'll already be on or go to 480i? ...its keeps booting back up to 576p

there has to be a way to save the resolution settings within the GC right? ...so i dont have to keep doing it manually durring a flipping screen.

Also, is there a way to have the GC boot straight to SWISS or GBI? I read ther was, but i never could get that to work.

we're almost there, bro! ...hit me up when you get a chance.
Streetwalker

Post by Streetwalker » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:43 am

I don't have an sdml, but I think it'll boot an autoload.dol or autoexec.dol directly if you have one on your SD card. Swiss will save your settings to SD and load then on boot.
KJonline

Post by KJonline » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:29 am

EVERYTHING WORKS! FINALLY!
Could not have done it without your help, and my friends.
Just wanted to say thanks, bro.

Now for the final questions regarding GBI so I can get the best experience....

1. I'm aware there's three versions of GBI. The high-fidelity is the one with the lowest input lag, correct?

2. I believe the description of the input lag on the high fidelity was a .45 to 1.00ms. I'll also be using a raphnet GC TO SNES controller adaptor that has 4ms max (¼ of a frame). Overall that is 5ms at most on my CRT. ... Will that be noticeable or felt at all?

3. There are so many settings to play with on gbi. I read that 240p is the sharpest picture for CRT. Are you familiar with any of the other settings, and do you recommend any other settings for the best possible experience?
Streetwalker

Post by Streetwalker » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:13 pm

1) No, high fidelity is meant to be used with external post processing (ossc, capture device). The speed running edition is most likely what you want.

2) Input lag of even a few frames is hardly noticeable if at all. Try if for yourself.

3) I've hardly played with gbi at all, you should ask this in the gbi thread directly. There's a good deal of documentation on the wiki as well.