Import Downloaded Game Save

Find all your GameCube topics here
Skullsies

Import Downloaded Game Save

Post by Skullsies » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:21 pm

Hello all, I have just completed soldering on a xeno gc chip and HDMI port on my Japanese dol001. I have a gecko as well as a sd2sp2. I was wondering how to import a downloaded gamesave for a few games to the memory card. I have GCMM installed and I used to move the saves off of an sd card to the memory card, however, the games do not recognize the saves. I confirmed the saves being in the gci format and they show up on the mem card while viewing in swiss and on the gc memory option from the gc boot screen. Any help would be appreciated :D
Diego borella

Re: Import Downloaded Game Save

Post by Diego borella » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:07 pm

the format of the Japanese memory card is different for EUR and USA. try changing the text format of the memory card in the global and game settings in Swiss.
your NGC has the region switching key activated ...?
Can be it...
you can use Swiss itself. it is much more stable to handle saved games and files.
SWISS USER :geek:
Skullsies

Post by Skullsies » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:34 pm

Diego borella wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:07 pm
the format of the Japanese memory card is different for EUR and USA. try changing the text format of the memory card in the global and game settings in Swiss.
your NGC has the region switching key activated ...?
Can be it...
you can use Swiss itself. it is much more stable to handle saved games and files.
Its region free because I had installed the Xeno chip. I am able to load any region game either by disk or micro sd CARD and save then load those saves no matter what region the game is. I can use swiss/GCMM to move the game save off of the memory card to the sd card but when I try to move it back, the game will not detect the save in the memory card. For example, if I start up smash bros, save the game, move the save with swiss/GCMM then move it back and start up smash bros. The game says there is no existing save on the mem card.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:24 am

This seems quite odd.

Imported GameSaves must provide from the same GameID and version that you use (IE: some PAL Games have different IDs (Splinter Cell), some NTSC ones have different versions released to the market (SSBM, Animal Crossing…).

If you don't mess the file names, and use the same (up to date) software to backup then to restore, I don't see why it won't work…
Some game saves consist in multiple .GCI files, did you get them all, and put them all back?
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Skullsies

Post by Skullsies » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:30 pm

Here are some screens of what happens when I move a save off of the mem card and back on using swiss 0.5.

As shown is before I move the save:

Here is after I moved the save from the mem card to SD.

Here is the file moved back to the mem card and is in fact showing up in the GC interface.

and lastly, this is when I start up smash, it shows there is no saves on the card when in fact there is.
Skullsies

Post by Skullsies » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:33 pm

https://ibb.co/34JD3rp
https://ibb.co/8s32yH5
https://ibb.co/hx0XD1S
https://ibb.co/nDxCyP0

Sorry, here are the pics in order..

the save files are not being edited or changed in anyway. They are just being moved.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:26 pm

SWISS was breaking the files when dumping discs and copying saves back when I joined the party.
Since then, I have only used Cleanrip to dump discs, and GCMM to manage saves.
SWISS's file managing may have improved, but still is a work in progress, it may be safe to use GCMM in case you experience problems with SWISS, I never had problems with it.

Are the memcards you take the save off and back on are formatted to the same character standard?
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Skullsies

Post by Skullsies » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:17 pm

Wow.. that's exactly what happened. swiss broke the saves when moving them.. Well at least I know to only use GCMM to transfer saves now. GCMM worked flawlessly when moving a save. The mem cards are all formatted correctly as well btw.