Safest way to disinfect (sanitize) a GameCube?

Find all your GameCube topics here
JimieSitu

Safest way to disinfect (sanitize) a GameCube?

Post by JimieSitu » Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:36 am

Hopefully I’m not breaking any rules, but if I am, mods feel free to delete my post.

I recently won a GameCube auction from eBay, but it’s shipped from Canada and I wanted to disinfect (sanitize) the console and controller to kill any traces of coronavirus. But I don’t want to potentially ruin the console by having the shell to become stained or discolored, or worse have the Clorox disinfecting wipes short the internals. What would be the best and safest way to clean the console and controller?

Any help is appreciated, thank you!
Last edited by JimieSitu on Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Papy.G

Re: Safest way to disinfect (sanitize) a GameCube?

Post by Papy.G » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:18 pm

I would do just as I was doing before the pandemia, you never know what a console can have gone trough.

So open every shell, clean every wire with baby wipes (and the Power Brick, useless to open), bath every plastic in soapy water, brush it all over, brush the silicone pads with a soft toothbrush, rinse everything in water, only vacuum-brush all the electronics/internals. Optionally un-yellow parts that need it in a water-filled glass bowl in the sun for a week or two.

Don't use any cleaning agent that can get further than you and you won't be able to reach/clean.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)