Affordable Broadband Adapter - Where I can find one (or two)

Find all your GameCube topics here
nickes

Affordable Broadband Adapter - Where I can find one (or two)

Post by nickes » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:49 pm

Hey,
I was shocked about the price for an used broadband adapter (~ 200 €). It seems crazy because some years ago I bought a gc at one tenth of the price.
But I'm still getting the feeling that I somehow really need one or two of those.
Do you have some hints where I can find a good price or is there any other way to connect a gc to the network/ a second gc? At the moment I'm trying my luck with flea markets :)
webhdx

Re: Affordable Broadband Adapter - Where I can find one (or two)

Post by webhdx » Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:47 am

There are no other ways. If you want to play PSO you can also use Modem Adapter. But for any other use BBA is your best friend. Look around flea markets, facebook market, craigslist etc. I live in Poland and BBA never pops up on online auctions but I still managed to get two last year from two different sellers. They were selling GameCube bundles and didn't know BBA was attached to the console. I was lucky to get both for around 30 USD after selling bundled consoles and games. Just be patient I guess.
nickes

Post by nickes » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:40 am

Yeah I saw some "cheaper" Modem Adapter on ebay, but that is not really a solution. I keep my eyes open, maybe someday I will find one.
In the meantime I'm thinking about getting another Wii, I saw that Nintendont supports "now" BBA emulation, but I have to check it first.
Thank you for your information.

EDIT: Here is the link to Nintendont https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/blo ... _Readme.md
Diminuendo

Post by Diminuendo » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:50 am

They are stupid cheap here in Japan
nickes

Post by nickes » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:14 am

Do you know if they ship to europe? I think I would buy a lot of old nintendo stuff in japan, if I were ever there...
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:18 pm

How much do you qualify as stupid cheap for BBA?

I used to buy loose GBPlayers from there around $20 each, then with the pandemic, they suddenly doubled. Don't know how it goes now as I have enough for each of my cubes, but I would have expected the same for every piece of oldschool gaming stuff.

If you can source some for stupid cheap, go get them and come back here to sell for a fair price.

I think I have read somewhere that one wasn't able to connect two nintendon't Wiis. Was it nintendon't? Hope this is solved anyways.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
webhdx

Post by webhdx » Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:39 pm

Some Japanese sellers sell on eBay and their BBAs are definitely not cheap. Maybe you could get it little bit cheaper from Yahoo Auctions but then you need a proxy service which adds to the cost. And of course there are additional taxes applied when importing from Japan to Europe.

If you only care about playing online games then get a Wii with Nintendont. This is how most people play GC games online anyway. In the meantime keep an eye on local online auctions and maybe you'll be lucky to find a cheap BBA one day. This is exactly how I've bought 2 BBAs.
nickes

Post by nickes » Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:25 am

How much do you qualify as stupid cheap for BBA?
This is an interesting question. To be honest, I'm not even sure how much an affordable/fair price would be. Something between 50 € and 70 € (55-80$) I guess.
But this will take some time until I find one. Maybe I also find a nice gameboy player on the way.
Until then, Nintendont it is.
Diminuendo

Post by Diminuendo » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:02 am

I've seen them for less than ¥1000 in used game stores. No promises, but I'll keep an eye out.
If you can source some for stupid cheap, go get them and come back here to sell for a fair price.
There's a little magic word called "please" mate.
nickes

Post by nickes » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:41 am

Diminuendo wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:02 am
I've seen them for less than ¥1000 in used game stores. No promises, but I'll keep an eye out.
Okay this is really cheap. I heard that in japan even the used stuff looks really good/new (could be also a cliché).
I dare not ask you if you would please send me one or two to Europe... :)
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:29 pm

Diminuendo wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:02 am
Thanks. :)
There's a little magic word called "please" mate.
Sure, and sorry for that, but I was not really saying that for me, but more like a joke. ;)
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)