Kaico HDMI Adapter shorted

Find all your GameCube topics here
Geret

Kaico HDMI Adapter shorted

Post by Geret » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:06 pm

Hello,

Today i updated my Kaico HDMI Adapter with an CH341a programmer because the firmware was 2.4d. All went great it worked but the Remote not. I read that it needs to be re programmed by shorten the SW1 contacts with Tweezers oder something metal. I slipped and got conact to an capacitor and now the adapter isnt working anymore. The light is just off. No sign of life...
It might be the R10 one ... I marked the area. Can someone help me with this. Is it possible to revive it by any chance? Maybe just a cap is blown or a fuse. Im very upset because it was very expensive

232.jpeg
(769.64 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Papy.G

Re: Kaico HDMI Adapter shorted

Post by Papy.G » Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:11 pm

I'm shocked they just didn't provide an appropriate switch!

How did you program the remote at first?

I hope you didn't short the GC too (This happened to my WW platinum one, no more sound then).
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Geret

Re: Kaico HDMI Adapter shorted

Post by Geret » Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:14 am

Its the one that only can updated via Hardware flasher. I used a CH341a to update. I didnt it was paired with the original 2.4a update.

There is not much on the Board maybe its just a cap that is blown and needs to get replaced. But i dont know which one.