Error when loading from FSP

Find all your GameCube topics here
cygni

Error when loading from FSP

Post by cygni » Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:24 pm

Hello,
I recently modded my DOL-001 with a picoboot and use Swiss 0.6 on SD2SP2. I am able to load iso from on the sd card but I tried to set up FSP.
I have server running docker containers so I thought I would spin up an FSP docker container (https://hub.docker.com/r/frenskefrens/fsp-server)

I am able to swap over to the FSP server in Swiss and I can see all the ISOs. When I select them they patch and then I boot them I always get "An error has occurred."

I am not sure if I am missing a setting or something that might be causing this issue.

Thanks.
Extrems

Re: Error when loading from FSP

Post by Extrems » Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:05 pm

Unfortunately due to memory and API limitations, the server must be in the same broadcast domain as the GameCube, as the first packet from the hypervisor has a broadcast MAC address as destination, rather than the server or gateway's MAC address. Docker uses NAT, so it's like if your server was behind a home router on the Internet.
cygni

Post by cygni » Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:50 pm

Extrems wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:05 pm
Unfortunately due to memory and API limitations, the server must be in the same broadcast domain as the GameCube, as the first packet from the hypervisor has a broadcast MAC address as destination, rather than the server or gateway's MAC address. Docker uses NAT, so it's like if your server was behind a home router on the Internet.
Not really to question you because you very likely know better than me but wasn't the function of this docker container to serve isos to Swiss? If it would never work behind a docker container then why make it?
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:02 pm

Where does it say it's for Swiss? The protocol is older than the Nintendo 64.
cygni

Post by cygni » Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:46 am

I guess it doesn't explicitly state it but the creator posted on here

https://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewt ... 70&p=49343