Hey all!

Welcome to the GC-Forever forums, feel free to introduce yourself here!
KayCube

Hey all!

Post by KayCube » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:35 pm

Hello! I just bought a gamecube , i know its late but still! Its a really good console.Im buying another silver one for modding next week. Now im really new and never modded a console before (We all gotta start somewhere) can anybody tell me what i need? or give me a list of stuff to buy from ebay or a local store for modding stuff , id be thankful :)
megalomaniac

Re: Hey all!

Post by megalomaniac » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:32 pm

Hi welcome to the forum

It's hard to recommend what or where to buy what you need when you have not mentioned the types of mods you plan to perform.
Also, since you have never modded anything before, I suggest you start slow or else you will kill a lot of Gamecubes...
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
KayCube

Post by KayCube » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:20 pm

megalomaniac wrote:Hi welcome to the forum

It's hard to recommend what or where to buy what you need when you have not mentioned the types of mods you plan to perform.
Also, since you have never modded anything before, I suggest you start slow or else you will kill a lot of Gamecubes...
I cant try , im buying a not-working gamecube for 5 bucks , i can use that for modding and if it worked i can swap the gamecubes :P Got any guides?
jlo138

Post by jlo138 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:36 pm

Get a Datel SD Media Launcher from the codejunkies website. It will run you $30 U.S as they charge $10 to ship from UK. It's the easiest most user friendly method for starters. The only modding you'll want to do is a POT tweak or as others call it a Laser Adjustment. It requires disassembly down to the disc drive board so you can turn a small screw. This aids in getting disc backups to be read in conjunction with the SDML. Otherwise you would need a mod chip but likely a POT tweak is necessary no matter which of these two you choose. If you want to load games from an SD card then the POT tweak isn't needed. Look on youtube for Datel SD Media Launcher and you'll see videos how it works. Disc backups, ISO loading, Media Player, and Emulators are some of what you can do.
Attachments
image.jpg
It comes with a disc which makes it work.
(898.36 KiB) Not downloaded yet
.timil retcarahc 552 a si erehT .ekam uoy stsop ot dedda eb nac taht txet fo kcolb a si sihT
Duhasst0

Post by Duhasst0 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:31 pm

KayCube wrote:
megalomaniac wrote:Hi welcome to the forum

I cant try , im buying a not-working gamecube for 5 bucks , i can use that for modding and if it worked i can swap the gamecubes :P Got any guides?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=759
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=416
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=665
http://128bit.me/index.php?topic=131.0
http://forums.modretro.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=793