Long time fan

Welcome to the GC-Forever forums, feel free to introduce yourself here!
Radirgy

Long time fan

Post by Radirgy » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:24 am

Brief introduction:
Got a Gamecube for christmas 2003 after getting a promo disk and begging for the system, the Gamecube had just been cut to £80 at the time so family didn't object about buying it because it was cheap, the games were cheap (at the time, not so much now) and I had been playing the same chipped ps1 for 5 years and truth be told it had gotten boring.

I used to be really into collecting video games but gave it up just over 2 years ago. At it's peak my Gamecube collection stood at 115 games large including USA/JPN imports like Radirgy Generic, Chaos Field, Megaman Anniversary and Alien Hominid. Many of the games I sold after giving up my games collection I will probably never own again or for a long time because of price inflation like Fire Emblem and Skies of Arcadia.

Though I owned many of the essentials there are still many I am yet to own such as Gotcha Force and Evolution Worlds (not essentials but they are on my list alogn with Winning Eleven 6). There are even games I owned but did not give fair attention to like Killer 7 (got to the second stage and stopped playing) and Baten Kaitos (got really bored of it and couldn't motivate myself to play past the first 10 hours even though I know a guy who is adamant that it is the greatest thing ever).

These days my gamecube collection is modest but there are still some great titles there, I am teasing with building up the collection again but only with the absolute essentials. Well I say tease but I recently got Tales of Symphonia again. Actually these days all my collecting focus is on getting all the gamecube magazines and promo DVD's. I currently own every issue of NGC magazine ever made and every issue of Nintendo Official Magazine from July 2001 to the final issue in February 2006 when the magazine was discontinued and replaced. I'm also collecting Cube magazine but I have a lot of gaps in that collection.

I have a youtube channel and I've been giving a lot of love to the cube.
Some of my videos are originals.

And some of things I ripped from magazine DVD's because I thought they were cool.

I don't know why I didn't join a site like this earlier, I've always liked the Gamecube a bit too much, it's is probably the same sort of thing that causes certain people to swear that the Sega Dreamcast was one of the greatest things ever.

Anyway here is a very old picture of my collection back in 2008/9 when it was around the 90 games mark.
Attachments
DSC00304.jpg
(68.78 KiB) Not downloaded yet
DSC00215.jpg
(67.85 KiB) Not downloaded yet
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Long time fan

Post by emu_kidid » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:41 am

Welcome to the forums.

Nice videos and collection, hope you get back into it again as much as you'd like :)
Radirgy

Post by Radirgy » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:23 pm

Thanks. I'm on my way. I still have some essentials because even when I gave up collecting I still kept around 12 games I considered too good and have too much replay value to be let go. I'm not really into the modding side of things because I'm not very good with tech but the mods made by the site members are really impressive.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:11 pm

super monkey ball background music in video....i love it
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
Radirgy

Post by Radirgy » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:54 pm

I should really get to work on the follow up instead of waiting until I have a few more games to record.