And another

Welcome to the GC-Forever forums, feel free to introduce yourself here!
KalessinDB

And another

Post by KalessinDB » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:21 am

Found my way here from a mention on Krikzz's forum... I've been looking for something like the MegaKey for a while, I want SD or HDD loading from my cube while still keeping the ability to use the original drive. Seems I miss out on all the fun stuff though, understandable since I'm late to this party.

Looooooot of information here though. Going to have to sift through a whole lot of threads and stickies to try to figure out what I should actually be doing to this beast, I kinda just want to send it off to someone and be like "Make this awesome" but somehow I don't think that'd work well :lol:
47iscool

Re: And another

Post by 47iscool » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:55 am

Have a look at this: http://dx.com/p/wiikey-sd-card-adapter-for-wii-3993

As megalomaniac said they're discontinued so it's best to get one before they're all gone.
KalessinDB

Post by KalessinDB » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:00 am

Yeah I likely will, very soon. Ideally I'd like to get something that runs without any need for a boot disc though, is that something that's possible yet? I was under the impression from my preliminary poking around that all of the SD adapters needed a boot disc still.

Not that it's a deal breaker, as obviously something is better than nothing, but just thinking ahead.

Ugh, so many consoles to tinker with, so little time/money :D
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:26 pm

You should consider purchasing an SD Gecko anyways..
As for the MegaKey, you mean the MEGAdrive adapter??
you might be late to the party, but you are early to the after party.. Ill have more soon
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:31 pm

KalessinDB wrote:Yeah I likely will, very soon. Ideally I'd like to get something that runs without any need for a boot disc though, is that something that's possible yet? I was under the impression from my preliminary poking around that all of the SD adapters needed a boot disc still.

Not that it's a deal breaker, as obviously something is better than nothing, but just thinking ahead.

Ugh, so many consoles to tinker with, so little time/money :D
SD Media launcher or modchip. Take your pick. There's also the SDLoad method but that requires an Action Replay 1.14 or lower.
KalessinDB

Post by KalessinDB » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:44 pm

megalomaniac wrote:You should consider purchasing an SD Gecko anyways..
As for the MegaKey, you mean the MEGAdrive adapter??
you might be late to the party, but you are early to the after party.. Ill have more soon
God, when I saw how cheap they were (DealXtreme was blocked at work), I ordered 2 just in case.

And yes, I did mean the MEGAdrive adapter, sorry. That's kinda fantastic news, I'll try to keep my eyes peeled :D