New to the cube in the US

Welcome to the GC-Forever forums, feel free to introduce yourself here!
vxbinaca

New to the cube in the US

Post by vxbinaca » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:46 am

I own a few flash carts for other systems, and got a DOL-001 at a steal ($5 no hookups, just needed some TLC). Wanted to get into modding it, saw there was an even better option to burning discs, a driveless SD mod (they're coming to the PS1 and Dreamcast soon it seems). The glut of gameboy players without discs pushed me to want this mod, plus the price of some of the games.

Well, I think I got burned on a chip from a sketchy chinese website.. It hasnt arrived yet (been a few weeks now) and I have a feeling I'm going to need to get the transaction reversed. Oh and I think that site stole my CC info because someone in Geneva purchased $400 in Origin games on my card.

Anyway, I've gotten most of it fixed now - and have an Indego GBP (no disc :( ) coming in from a trusted seller in Japan, but I'm still interested in this neglected and underrated system. I may even pick up second broken DOL-001 to tinker with. I traded some of my import games for other systems away for hookups and a game for the cube.

I hope to learn a lot here. Maybe even get set right on a Wiikey and MEGAdrive. I got all the proper equipment and skills to do the mod with (no Radio Shack iron here, Hakko all the way even got me some Chip Quick). Megalos component project interested me as well.

Cheers.
megalomaniac

Re: New to the cube in the US

Post by megalomaniac » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:29 am

welcome to the forum

sad to hear you may have got burned by that web store. That store has many sister stores. They eventually ship the product but some people have claimed not to ever receive product. good luck getting everything resolved.
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
vxbinaca

Post by vxbinaca » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:13 am

megalomaniac wrote:welcome to the forum

sad to hear you may have got burned by that web store. That store has many sister stores. They eventually ship the product but some people have claimed not to ever receive product. good luck getting everything resolved.
Not necessarily, I'm only now at the due date. China takes a while. I had two packages from Japan and Canada lag an entire month because of the winter storms (in the case of the Canadian package). And the Japanese one was from a very trusted seller.

I'm giving it until mid-march before I dispute the transaction due to non delivery. But it's good to hear you vouch for them I'll be more patient.

However my CC info was stolen a few days after I ordered. from there. So caveat emptor.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:11 am

was not vouching for those stores...just adding info that some have received others have not so you can better make your decision on what to do next
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
vxbinaca

Post by vxbinaca » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:06 am

megalomaniac wrote:was not vouching for those stores...just adding info that some have received others have not so you can better make your decision on what to do next
Since I have your ear may I ask how I should go about acquiring a Wii/Wasp-key so I can driveless mod my cube?

Nice videos by the way if thats you on YT demoing the megadrive adaptor.
iamdablasta

Post by iamdablasta » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:17 pm

It's his adapter yes, it's very impressive.

I know I aquired mine on modnet.no, a norwegian site. The sold me the last Wiikey Fusion Clone (Though, it was mentioned and I didn't care). They still have at least one Wasp left for sure. You could always ask if he will ship internationally if you can't find any international stores.
the game