Greetings from Space!... okay, California.

Welcome to the GC-Forever forums, feel free to introduce yourself here!
spaceian

Greetings from Space!... okay, California.

Post by spaceian » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:02 am

Cheers Everyone!

Found my way here via the shmups, NESDev, and assembler forums and glad to have joined! There's a lot of good content on here and I'm excited to learn a lot of stuff and lend my little bit of hardware knowledge.

A bit about me:

I'm a console gamer new and old. I love JRPGs, action/adventure and platformers and recently (in the last year or so) have discovered the Metroid series. Holy shit what an amazing franchise! I've made my way up to Super Metroid and have collected all but a few of the remaining titles to sweep through the series. I keep my engineering fingers limber by acquiring broken electronics (especially game consoles) out of the trash, flea markets, thrift stores, and all-around unfit and unappreciative homes and restoring them back to their original working glory... and every once in a while I'll turn a finer example around on eBay to continue funding my fun/practice.

I work full time for a tech company in Silicon Valley but I've just recently started a console gaming podcast and YouTube channel with some work buddies. We've got a few podcast episodes under our belt and will start YouTube content this summer. We call ourselves The BitPub and I'd love it if you put us into your podcast rotation and tell me what you think. We drink craft beers and stills and discuss anything and everything relating to console gaming under the sun. The conversations range from the intellectual and heavily researched to the absolutely absurd. FAIR WARNING: The podcast is definitely NSFW and might actually take few years off of your life. Think of it as 4chan for your ears. No, not THAT 4chan board... THAT one *wiggles eyebrows*

Look forward to chatting and hanging out with all of you! Maybe see you on IRC once....I figure out what the URL is.

-Spaceian
megalomaniac

Re: Greetings from Space!... okay, California.

Post by megalomaniac » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:13 am

welcome...
try Trooper Beer (bottle, not can)
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
novenary

Post by novenary » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:13 am

Welcome ! :)
spaceian wrote:Cheers Everyone!
Look forward to chatting and hanging out with all of you! Maybe see you on IRC once....I figure out what the URL is.
#gc-forever on Efnet. I tend to hang out there as well.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:59 pm

Welcome - I always figured people working at Silicon Valley wouldn't have any spare time to care about consoles, seems I was wrong :)

It seems like too many people have missed out on the Metroid series, seriously guys, play Metroid Prime if you haven't already!