Introduction and Help? Zelda collector's edition japanese english copy.

Welcome to the GC-Forever forums, feel free to introduce yourself here!
Aguywhoneedshelp19

Introduction and Help? Zelda collector's edition japanese english copy.

Post by Aguywhoneedshelp19 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:52 am

I just joined this forum to ask a question and to maybe get an answer. But also maybe I'll actually use this forum any other time i need help. But anyway You see, I recently bought a copy of the Zelda collector's edition for the gamecube, for nostalgic reasons (it was my first game for the gamecibe when i first got it in 2003.) and i know its sort of a rare game too. However upon popping into my gamecube i get an error message just after the logo is shown. I later find out after some research that it is not only an english version, but made for the japanese region, as on the bottom of the disk around the center hole, there is the code, followed by the letters "JPN". So i know how to play it on my gamecube, all i need is an action replay. However what i wondered is what exactly is my copy? I can't find any information on it online. I was wondering if it is a bootleg copy, or maybe they sell english translated games in the japanese region. If so, does that make it more valuable or less valuable. I jist really need any info on this because it has been bugging me for the last few days, as i dont know if i should return it or keep it anyway.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Introduction and Help? Zelda collector's edition japanese english copy.

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:35 am

The inner ring of the disc does not denote region. Look for DOL-PZLE-USA, DOL-PZLP-EUR or DOL-PZLJ-JPN on the disc in larger writing, which one do you have?
Aguywhoneedshelp19

Post by Aguywhoneedshelp19 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:30 pm

Im not home right now to check but im sure it was USA. Then i guess that raises more questions. Idk why the error message is showing up before the logo even goes away, and it's an almost percectly clear disc. Is there anything else that could be wrong with my disc?
AC_Orange

Post by AC_Orange » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:29 pm

I'm also pretty sure that every European Gamecube disc has the JPN letters as a part of the Mastering code
An example:

Mastering Code (laser branded/etched)
205A2905 DOL-D87U-0-00 JPN S0

Mastering SID Code
IFPI LQ12

Mould SID Code
IFPI QKO6

Additional Mould Text
MADE IN JAPAN

EDIT: Just checked my US copy of Collector's Edition and looks like it's got USA not JPN :$ Tell us what your is :)
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:05 am

The error message right after the Nintendo logo happens usually on a console that is modded or otherwise has patches applied to the DVD drive and Audio Streaming fails.