Hello GC forever! I also need some help!

Welcome to the GC-Forever forums, feel free to introduce yourself here!
Timjd

Hello GC forever! I also need some help!

Post by Timjd » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:06 am

Sorry if I sound like a newb I just need some help

I have modded my Wii and everything. I have installed Nintendont and have my GameCube game backups running off of my SD card. All the games start up fine and run. I want to use cheats for Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness US version, I activate the cheats in Nintendont and I place the GCT file in the same file as the folder of the game. I also have the Sneek/kenobiwii.bin file in the SD Card as well, but when I boot the game it gives me a black screen, no matter how many codes I have activated. Can someone help me with this? I feel like I've tried everything.
I posted this in the forums as well but I wasn't sure if that's the right place, so I posted it here too.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Hello GC forever! I also need some help!

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:00 am

Pokémon XD is a tricky game to get working properly since it appears to mess with the same area of memory that nintendont wants to place the cheat engine in (but that should be fine). Maybe try it without cheats to confirm it works first? It might be broken with cheats and no one has noticed.
Timjd

Post by Timjd » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:03 am

Yes I have tried it without codes and the game does work! Its just whenever I even try turning one code on the game doesn't start
Timjd

Post by Timjd » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:15 am

Does it make a difference that I'm playing off of a backup iso I downloaded and not a disc?
elGabriVR

Post by elGabriVR » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:01 pm

The same thing happens to me, pokemon XD does not work when activating cheats, but the fault is in the master code, if you activate the master code it is when it gives black screen, the other cheats if you can activate them and the game works, the problem is that if do not activate the master code the cheats do not go. Have you got it to work today?
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:07 pm

The master code is needed to use the whole other codes, so not activating it doesn't seem to be an option.
Do you have a way to try with real hardware (DOL or RVL-001) and ISO on SD?
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)