Hi, need help with a project

Welcome to the GC-Forever forums, feel free to introduce yourself here!
icelb

Hi, need help with a project

Post by icelb » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:06 pm

Hi Everyone.

I'm a Gamecube fan since the release and lately, I decided to build a custom one. I have a couple of spare Gamecubes laying around so I though of a little project. My problem is i'm not sure if it is possible.

Basically, I want a gamecube that can read all region and is HDMI. I have a Xeno chip and i ordered the Pluto-II with GCvideo. I'm pretty good with a solder Iron so it should be no problem installing it. My questions are :
1) Is the Xeno mod compatible with the HDMI mod?
2)does the Xeno chip, installed on a Pal GC, allows to read all regions games (I don't care much for back up dvd)?
3) If I also wanted to add a SD card reader for games, would it be possible to add it on top of that (and still have an operational dvd drive)?

So, basically I don't know if i'm going to far with this, but I would love an HDMI/region free/sd Card+disc Gamecube. If there is a better way to go about it, I would love to know. :)

Thank you for your help, I've been reading this forum for a while now and it was time I get into the hard stuff.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Hi, need help with a project

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:35 am

Welcome!

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) SD Card reader via memory card slot? Sure, piece of cake. SD Card reader via DVD connector? Not easy at all but possible...

I'd just install the XenoGC, HDMI and buy/make a SDGecko
icelb

Post by icelb » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:04 am

Thanks a lot for the help. I can get started now, as soon as I receive my Pluto-II :)
AC_Orange

Post by AC_Orange » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:22 am

Good luck and please post pictures :)