hey

Welcome to the GC-Forever forums, feel free to introduce yourself here!
amuggle

hey

Post by amuggle » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:08 am

Thought I would say hello I am new to gq modding but have been modding and customizing anything I can get my hands on, with relative success lol. Totally about to commit blasphemy here....destroying a working gamecube and game boy player as well as a xbox 360 ( for the hd and hd connector)...lol. I am creating a extra layer made from the top of a gameboy player and the bottom of a gamecube to hold a sata hd and having a pass through so the gameboy player will still work and using the xbox 360 hd connector. originally I was thinking of tapping into the dvd drive to hook up the hd but now I am thinking of using a ide-exi and a sata adapter...might even adapt that to go to a uSATA. I already have taken them apart for the pieces I need now just have to work out how to put the new piece together. I also have a XENO Mod on the way. Am I on the right track? what else am I missing?
boredomca

Re: hey

Post by boredomca » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:32 pm

Hello and welcome.
I don't see the purpose of using the XBOX'S hdd connector and why not just use the entire Gameboy enclosure to house the HDD wired from IDE-EXI.
Or am I missing something?
amuggle

Post by amuggle » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:33 am

I want to still have a gameboy player on the unit so I need the connector to extend through the hd lvl to reach the player at the bottom
boredomca

Post by boredomca » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:44 am

Would there be latency issues?
That's not a bad concept considering if you removed the gb player screws and matched thread pattern on longer bolts, it would secure itself nicely as a contained unit.
Posting pictures? I'd like to see