Greetings from DOL-002 (BRA)

Welcome to the GC-Forever forums, feel free to introduce yourself here!
Post Reply
User avatar
Diego borella
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:37 pm
Location: Brazil

Greetings from DOL-002 (BRA)

Post by Diego borella » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:21 pm

Greetings.
I am from Brazil and I have gamecube since I bought the mega zelda collection. It came with a Luigi and a 259 block memory card. Complete, I just had to buy a transformer, because Brazil 80% of the power is 220 volts.
I still like it and there are many games that I won't have originals. Brazil salty for games.
The Swiss are very, very important to us from Brazil. Today I can play many titles that were not available in Switzerland.
I hope to help in some way, I know you will reach an impressive level of Swiss compatibility.
Thanks to emu_kidi, megalomaniac and all those I can't name, all those who are involved in GC forever. :geek:
User avatar
Papy.G
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:14 am
Location: France, Occitanie
Contact:

Re: Greetings from DOL-002 (BRA)

Post by Papy.G » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:13 am

Hi! And welcome, what do you call the Zelda Mega Collection?

You are in a 110V area and got a GC with a 220V Transformer? Too bad all the country isn't unified, while with newer PSU it doesn't really matter anymore. Also, I guess people may have 220-110 or 110-220 transformers handy for that kind of situations, no?

It's sure, with the many sources for ISOs, and increasing SWISS compatibility reading them from SD cards, the choice is better than ever!
Maybe you can even find Portuguese localisations among EUR ISOs, if you ever mind to play in this language.
DMG/MF OC, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

SD2SP2 in action on video
User avatar
Andross89
Posts: 175
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 10:02 pm

Re: Greetings from DOL-002 (BRA)

Post by Andross89 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:17 pm

[/quote]
Diego borella wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:21 pm
...The Swiss are very, very important to us from Brazil...
I live in Brazil and I can confirm the importance of Swiss here. God only knows how much time I spent burning DVDs. And welcome.
Papy.G wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:13 am
...what do you call the Zelda Mega Collection?
Maybe he is talking about Collector's Edition. It was very popular here. I only discover other compilations well later.
Papy.G wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:13 am
You are in a 110V area and got a GC with a 220V Transformer? Too bad all the country isn't unified, while with newer PSU it doesn't really matter anymore. Also, I guess people may have 220-110 or 110-220 transformers handy for that kind of situations, no?
Transformers are very easy to find here. It's like buying bread. In my region is 110V and in the past was very common accidents related to voltage.
User avatar
Diego borella
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:37 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Greetings from DOL-002 (BRA)

Post by Diego borella » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:58 pm

Papy.G wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:13 am
Hi! And welcome, what do you call the Zelda Mega Collection?

You are in a 110V area and got a GC with a 220V Transformer? Too bad all the country isn't unified, while with newer PSU it doesn't really matter anymore. Also, I guess people may have 220-110 or 110-220 transformers handy for that kind of situations, no?

It's sure, with the many sources for ISOs, and increasing SWISS compatibility reading them from SD cards, the choice is better than ever!
Maybe you can even find Portuguese localisations among EUR ISOs, if you ever mind to play in this language.
No, here in Brazil an area is predominant at 220 volts, my cube is 110 volts in the USA.
BRA 220volts is more salty, you should import here to have less expenses. Strange, but it's Brazil.
There was a promotion on the console, luigi + memory card and edition zelda collector majoras mask etc. wonderful.
User avatar
Andross89
Posts: 175
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 10:02 pm

Re: Greetings from DOL-002 (BRA)

Post by Andross89 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:33 am

Diego borella wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:58 pm
...majoras mask...
This game may freeze randomly. Disabling the rumble function is said to decrease the chances of this happening. There is something that always helps and it's kind of obvious: Always make a copy of the progress after saving the game.

I find it strange when someone complains that they need to restart the cycle of days to try to accomplish a task again. Just needed to make the copy ...
User avatar
Diego borella
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:37 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Greetings from DOL-002 (BRA)

Post by Diego borella » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:54 pm

Andross89 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:33 am
Diego borella wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:58 pm
...majoras mask...
This game may freeze randomly. Disabling the rumble function is said to decrease the chances of this happening. There is something that always helps and it's kind of obvious: Always make a copy of the progress after saving the game.

I find it strange when someone complains that they need to restart the cycle of days to try to accomplish a task again. Just needed to make the copy ...
I found this or the reason for it. Wearing a speed mask (rabbit) can cause fainting when moving from one area to another.
Wearing the speed mask to leave the last temple will always be frozen. increasing the 4 megabits generates errors in this game, even in the original DVD collection ...
User avatar
Andross89
Posts: 175
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 10:02 pm

Re: Greetings from DOL-002 (BRA)

Post by Andross89 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:56 pm

Diego borella wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:54 pm
I found this or the reason for it. Wearing a speed mask (rabbit) can cause fainting when moving from one area to another.
Wearing the speed mask to leave the last temple will always be frozen. increasing the 4 megabits generates errors in this game, even in the original DVD collection ...
I always suspected that the problem is caused by the audio stream. One day I will try to start this game without these files.

I remembered that Ocarina can also freeze. But it is very rare to happen. You would need to complete a specific task and go to a specific temple as well.
User avatar
Diego borella
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:37 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Greetings from DOL-002 (BRA)

Post by Diego borella » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:09 pm

Andross89 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:56 pm
Diego borella wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:54 pm
I found this or the reason for it. Wearing a speed mask (rabbit) can cause fainting when moving from one area to another.
Wearing the speed mask to leave the last temple will always be frozen. increasing the 4 megabits generates errors in this game, even in the original DVD collection ...
I always suspected that the problem is caused by the audio stream. One day I will try to start this game without these files.

I remembered that Ocarina can also freeze. But it is very rare to happen. You would need to complete a specific task and go to a specific temple as well.
I never came across an ocarina bug in any mega collector ,,, but majora really weighs more for the emulator ...
Haydinho
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:35 pm

Re: Greetings from DOL-002 (BRA)

Post by Haydinho » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:25 am

Hola Diego e bemvindo,

Lembro que Nintendo nao era tao popluar no Brasil, entao voce deve fazer parte de 1% dos jogadores que gosta de gamecube mesmo.
User avatar
Papy.G
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:14 am
Location: France, Occitanie
Contact:

Re: Greetings from DOL-002 (BRA)

Post by Papy.G » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:19 am

I was looking at the games' languages codes and don't find any that gives Portuguese as an option, did you ever get some games in this language, or are you always stuck to playing in english, spanish, or whatever language that is not Portuguese anyways?
Do the US NTSC games often offer alternatives to english for South America languages?
DMG/MF OC, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

SD2SP2 in action on video
lufeig
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Greetings from DOL-002 (BRA)

Post by lufeig » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:43 am

Papy.G wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:19 am
I was looking at the games' languages codes and don't find any that gives Portuguese as an option, did you ever get some games in this language, or are you always stuck to playing in english, spanish, or whatever language that is not Portuguese anyways?
Do the US NTSC games often offer alternatives to english for South America languages?
nope, nintendo gives sh*t to brazil. the only games you find in portuguese are the modded ones, translated by fans.

although nintendo sells digital media in brazil, it has no official licensed representative here to sell consoles or any other hardware.

which means if you want a nintendo console, you have to get it from black market. no official warranty, no authorized service centers, rma, nothing.

but that happens because many things, including electronics, are too expensive here, so almost nobody buys videogames legally. black market rules.
User avatar
Papy.G
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:14 am
Location: France, Occitanie
Contact:

Re: Greetings from DOL-002 (BRA)

Post by Papy.G » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:50 pm

Well, there apparently was a "law" to try to protect work in you country, that aimed at producing the goods locally, Nintendo may just have given up, so this law failed, and worse now, since black market can cost more to a country than regular trade. :roll:

But then, why don't European Portuguese people have the right to play in their native language? :shock:

It's so weird and sad you can't buy VideoGames legally, so this is potentially more expensive, and you may end up with bad quality fakes. :cry:

Anyways, if you manged to get a GameCube and the full setup to play ISOs, you're lucky enough! 8-)
Get some controllers and share the fun with friends! :P
DMG/MF OC, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

SD2SP2 in action on video
User avatar
Diego borella
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:37 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Greetings from DOL-002 (BRA)

Post by Diego borella » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:05 pm

Papy.G wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:50 pm
Well, there apparently was a "law" to try to protect work in you country, that aimed at producing the goods locally, Nintendo may just have given up, so this law failed, and worse now, since black market can cost more to a country than regular trade. :roll:

But then, why don't European Portuguese people have the right to play in their native language? :shock:

It's so weird and sad you can't buy VideoGames legally, so this is potentially more expensive, and you may end up with bad quality fakes. :cry:

Anyways, if you manged to get a GameCube and the full setup to play ISOs, you're lucky enough! 8-)
Get some controllers and share the fun with friends! :P
we in Brazil have always been forced to play in English, at least until the Wii.
There was no option in Spanish ... and even today I use Spanish in particular ...
so you can think about Atari games until you get to the Wii, which was played in English without knowing anything ... it was a notion of 10 to 15% understanding ... I finished the Chrono Trigger, FF6, Ilusion of Gaia and many others were played in English ... everywhere !!!
being Brazilian is different for the
world of games!
Haydinho
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:35 pm

Re: Greetings from DOL-002 (BRA)

Post by Haydinho » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:43 pm

If anything its a blessing, it forces many to learn a second language in order to play games...

Regarding the market of Brasil, i believe many companies are hesitant to support the region due to the taxes imposed and rampant piracy. I don't know anyone who bought original games, most systems only sold well once they were hacked to allow piracy to run. This has changed more recently with the PS4 as Sony have released many titles on their play store at a price most people are willing to pay and they often run discounts.

One thing which i found bizarre was Sega's popularity in Brasil and the amount of exclusive Master system and Megadrive titles released on for that market.
User avatar
Diego borella
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:37 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Greetings from DOL-002 (BRA)

Post by Diego borella » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:42 pm

Papy.G wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:50 pm
Well, there apparently was a "law" to try to protect work in you country, that aimed at producing the goods locally, Nintendo may just have given up, so this law failed, and worse now, since black market can cost more to a country than regular trade. :roll:

But then, why don't European Portuguese people have the right to play in their native language? :shock:

It's so weird and sad you can't buy VideoGames legally, so this is potentially more expensive, and you may end up with bad quality fakes. :cry:

Anyways, if you manged to get a GameCube and the full setup to play ISOs, you're lucky enough! 8-)
Get some controllers and share the fun with friends! :P
about games in Portuguese, our video games are NTSC, Portugal uses the PAL system, so there is no language for us, although the games are released in Portugal in Europe, for the Portuguese language, never reach Brazil. Only consoles were made here, but the games came from the USA. put with packaging and even manual in Portuguese, but the games in English. :cry:

PS:
I watched you run your homemade SD2SP2 and saw you "throw" the game disc on the floor. Do it with a game here in Brazil and you will be killed by your friends! :lol: :lol: :D
User avatar
Andross89
Posts: 175
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 10:02 pm

Re: Greetings from DOL-002 (BRA)

Post by Andross89 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:05 pm

lufeig wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:43 am
nope, nintendo gives sh*t to brazil. the only games you find in portuguese are the modded ones, translated by fans.

although nintendo sells digital media in brazil, it has no official licensed representative here to sell consoles or any other hardware.

which means if you want a nintendo console, you have to get it from black market. no official warranty, no authorized service centers, rma, nothing.

but that happens because many things, including electronics, are too expensive here, so almost nobody buys videogames legally. black market rules.
Is this serious?

You simply omitted the fact that the government never helped Nintendo with piracy. Piracy that is loved by the people. The problem is the government and our culture that are failures.

I've always played in English since 1996 and I never thought it was bad. It was just another challenge for me.
User avatar
Papy.G
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:14 am
Location: France, Occitanie
Contact:

Re: Greetings from DOL-002 (BRA)

Post by Papy.G » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:38 pm

Diego borella wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:05 pm
There was no option in Spanish ... and even today I use Spanish in particular ...
so you can think about Atari games until you get to the Wii, which was played in English without knowing anything ... it was a notion of 10 to 15% understanding ... I finished the Chrono Trigger, FF6, Ilusion of Gaia and many others were played in English ... everywhere !!!
being Brazilian is different for the
world of games!
What a pain, I remember trying to play Zelda LA and FFL (GB) in English on my big brother's consoles back in the days was such a pain! French versions of RPG games were so sweet to have!
You speak Spanish in Brazil? I thought it was Portuguese? If you speak Spanish, you may be more lucky with Gamecube Games.
Haydinho wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:43 pm
If anything its a blessing, it forces many to learn a second language in order to play games...

Regarding the market of Brasil, i believe many companies are hesitant to support the region due to the taxes imposed and rampant piracy. I don't know anyone who bought original games, most systems only sold well once they were hacked to allow piracy to run.
Yes, it helps motivate to do an effort.

Hey, you're talking as if Brazil was a nation of pirates. While I understand, when prices are high because of taxes, it allows for a better potential profit for those who may produce "pirate" devices, and a broader market to target.
Diego borella wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:42 pm
about games in Portuguese, our video games are NTSC, Portugal uses the PAL system, so there is no language for us, although the games are released in Portugal in Europe, for the Portuguese language, never reach Brazil. Only consoles were made here, but the games came from the USA. put with packaging and even manual in Portuguese, but the games in English. :cry:

PS:
I watched you run your homemade SD2SP2 and saw you "throw" the game disc on the floor. Do it with a game here in Brazil and you will be killed by your friends! :lol: :lol: :D
Zelda link's awakening happen to have a french version run for french-speaking Canadians (in Quebec) on NTSC-US carts, same could have happened for Brazil, if only Nintendo bothered.

I'm sorry if I shocked someone doing so, and watching the video, heard that makes quite a big noise compared to the fact I just let it fell on the floor from no more than 5cm height. Anyways, my kid already broke my SMS disc and I know how to break one as well as how not to break one. If it can help, the Zelda disc in question isn't one of the OoT/MQ edition one, it only is a player's choice one.
DMG/MF OC, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

SD2SP2 in action on video
User avatar
Diego borella
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:37 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Greetings from DOL-002 (BRA)

Post by Diego borella » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:07 pm

Papy.G wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:38 pm
Diego borella wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:05 pm
There was no option in Spanish ... and even today I use Spanish in particular ...
so you can think about Atari games until you get to the Wii, which was played in English without knowing anything ... it was a notion of 10 to 15% understanding ... I finished the Chrono Trigger, FF6, Ilusion of Gaia and many others were played in English ... everywhere !!!
being Brazilian is different for the
world of games!
What a pain, I remember trying to play Zelda LA and FFL (GB) in English on my big brother's consoles back in the days was such a pain! French versions of RPG games were so sweet to have!
You speak Spanish in Brazil? I thought it was Portuguese? If you speak Spanish, you may be more lucky with Gamecube Games.
Haydinho wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:43 pm
If anything its a blessing, it forces many to learn a second language in order to play games...

Regarding the market of Brasil, i believe many companies are hesitant to support the region due to the taxes imposed and rampant piracy. I don't know anyone who bought original games, most systems only sold well once they were hacked to allow piracy to run.
Yes, it helps motivate to do an effort.

Hey, you're talking as if Brazil was a nation of pirates. While I understand, when prices are high because of taxes, it allows for a better potential profit for those who may produce "pirate" devices, and a broader market to target.
Diego borella wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:42 pm
about games in Portuguese, our video games are NTSC, Portugal uses the PAL system, so there is no language for us, although the games are released in Portugal in Europe, for the Portuguese language, never reach Brazil. Only consoles were made here, but the games came from the USA. put with packaging and even manual in Portuguese, but the games in English. :cry:

PS:
I watched you run your homemade SD2SP2 and saw you "throw" the game disc on the floor. Do it with a game here in Brazil and you will be killed by your friends! :lol: :lol: :D
Zelda link's awakening happen to have a french version run for french-speaking Canadians (in Quebec) on NTSC-US carts, same could have happened for Brazil, if only Nintendo bothered.

I'm sorry if I shocked someone doing so, and watching the video, heard that makes quite a big noise compared to the fact I just let it fell on the floor from no more than 5cm height. Anyways, my kid already broke my SMS disc and I know how to break one as well as how not to break one. If it can help, the Zelda disc in question isn't one of the OoT/MQ edition one, it only is a player's choice one.
no, we don't speak spanish ... but spanish is very similar to portuguese, so it is better assimilable in the case of reading ...
our language is portuguese ...
I talked about the game played on the floor just for fun ... is that these items are expensive and rare for us in the third world ...
and Brazil is definitely the country of piracy ... China produces, we consume ... there is not much repression.

in fact, latin america uses many alternative items ...
Post Reply