Hello there, is there still living soul in here ?

Welcome to the GC-Forever forums, feel free to introduce yourself here!
Aeredren

Hello there, is there still living soul in here ?

Post by Aeredren » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:56 am

Hello !

I know the forum is alive as there is newcomers and post from 2020 but the documentation on the wiki seem a bit old haha ^^'

I am a fan of nintendo console hacking. I do not own a GC but a Wii (more or less the same thing btw). I recently stumble across this Wiki and forum 'cause I want to write a data parser/visualizer and correcting tool for GC .raw memory card images and I was seeking for documentation.
(I am mainly active at GBAtemp Wii's forum where I find someone complaining about loosing his saves in a corrupted memcard).

I am here to see if anyone is interested in the project

I found the "Yet Another GameCube Documentation" but there is a few error on it and I want to propose a correction ;)
Waah ! Waluigi ! hehehe
Diego borella

Re: Hello there, is there still living soul in here ?

Post by Diego borella » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:04 pm

Hi! Greetings from Brazil. yes, there are many souls alive here. :D

Well, I see that you are very excited to help with the gamecube processes. :geek:
I don't really understand what you want, but it coincides or not, just now in the last Swiss launch, the virtual memory card for Swiss was implanted.
I don't know if you know him:
https://github.com/emukidid/swiss-gc/re ... g/v0.5r963
this is the NGC Loader, like the Wii USB-loader.

Virtual memory card emulation still works only with disks in the drive. But I think it will be improved in the next releases. It can be used with dumps too.
If you want you can become a Swiss friend, contributing to the improvement of the open source software "Swiss".
there are many ways to help ...

It is a pleasure to welcome you here! :mrgreen:
SWISS USER :geek:
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Hello there, is there still living soul in here ?

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:50 am

Aeredren wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:56 am
Hello !

I know the forum is alive as there is newcomers and post from 2020 but the documentation on the wiki seem a bit old haha ^^'

I am a fan of nintendo console hacking. I do not own a GC but a Wii (more or less the same thing btw). I recently stumble across this Wiki and forum 'cause I want to write a data parser/visualizer and correcting tool for GC .raw memory card images and I was seeking for documentation.
(I am mainly active at GBAtemp Wii's forum where I find someone complaining about loosing his saves in a corrupted memcard).

I am here to see if anyone is interested in the project

I found the "Yet Another GameCube Documentation" but there is a few error on it and I want to propose a correction ;)
Welcome, I'm fairly sure you can open .raw images in dolphin, and that's fairly robust and open source so that might be a good starting point. Don't look at libOGC unless if you really have to and yagcd is probably outdated/wrong in several spots as you mention but it'll get you most of the way there.