Newbe here. Hello!

Welcome to the GC-Forever forums, feel free to introduce yourself here!
rawmacias

Newbe here. Hello!

Post by rawmacias » Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:58 pm

I just started playing around with the GC consoles that I had collected years ago when they were $15 US. I have two which have the digital out and Gameboy player. One has the original digital cable which I have connected to a hdmi upscaler . The other has a aftermarket digital to hdmi upscaler adapter. Both work very well. I do have another GC console with the analog out which I intent to give to my brother's wife . She mentioned to me a while back that she likes playing Zelda. So , I do have a question . Can someone direct me to a sub forum that deals with game play issues. Example : The Legend Of Zelda Collectors Edition disk will not play "The Legend Of Zelda" or "Zelda II , The Adventure Of Link" ! But the Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask play fine. Thanks, Robert
Papy.G

Re: Newbe here. Hello!

Post by Papy.G » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:36 pm

Welcome.
rawmacias wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:58 pm
The Legend Of Zelda Collectors Edition disk will not play "The Legend Of Zelda" or "Zelda II , The Adventure Of Link"
They actually do work. :roll:
Although SWISS's Progressive scan hack doesn't get deep enough to prevent the emuator to switch to 480i. (Not 240p confirmed via GCPlug's OSD)
Pal genuine console, SDGecko, Pal NKit shrunk ISO, GCPlug. ;)
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:33 pm

It's natively 240p. Swiss is making it 480i when you force 480p, for the sake of display compatibility as it can't do better.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:02 am

Ok, thanks, so if I want 240p, I should not force video to anything, or totally disable video patches?

The us/NTSC disc claims 480p compatibility, does it keep 480p in nes emulator, or fallback to 240p too?

If this hasn't been tested, I will do later, as I have both pal and ntsc discs.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Diego borella

Post by Diego borella » Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:06 pm

Hello friend! be welcome:

I think you are looking for the Swiss compatibility list.

It's not complete, but it already helps with many games.

https://www.gc-forever.com/wiki/index.p ... ility_List
SWISS USER :geek: