Hello, new guy here

Welcome to the GC-Forever forums, feel free to introduce yourself here!
ThatOneGuy

Hello, new guy here

Post by ThatOneGuy » Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:36 pm

Hey, just joined the forum as I'm getting ready to set my cube up with swiss. I'm unclear on a couple things so look for a thread from me with dumb questions for sure :lol: .

Anywho, I've always had a appreciation for the cube. So I'm curious about seeing what I can do to mine, I hope to find the time to mess with it soon provided I have everything I need to do so.

Also I'm in that phase of life where It's hard to find free time for gaming or anything for that matter.

Just wanted to say hello!
Aries

Re: Hello, new guy here

Post by Aries » Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:07 am

Hey man, I'm also fairly new here, but I've recently got Swiss up and running on my personal GCN. There are plently of places where everything you need can be found, and there are multiple ways to do it.

For example, I modded my GCN DOL-001 with PicoBoot, SD2SP2 adapter, and a 256 GB SDXC. However, this method requires soldering, but it's what I thought would be best for me since I wanted my disc drive to still work properly and not have anything in the memory card slots.

If you want to go that route, just let me know and I'll consolidate all of the info to this post as far as the hardware/software needed. A lot of reading and video watching will be involved, but it's definitely worth it in the end.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:18 pm

ThatOneGuy wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:36 pm
Also I'm in that phase of life where It's hard to find free time for gaming or anything for that matter.

Just wanted to say hello!
Sounds like me, welcome!
Diego borella

Post by Diego borella » Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:09 am

Hello new Swiss friend.
Welcome to the world's largest and most complete nintendo gamecube encyclopedia!
here you will find many friends your age too...
for beginners here
Swiss is the official homebrew site. :mrgreen:
Swiss + GBI if you have a Gameboy player. :)
everything is available for free; however, new sponsors are welcome to join the community. 8-)

the important thing is that you find the right post for your questions,
walking through the forum you will see that many of your questions are answered there.
feel free to open and post in the correct threads..

Have a good time! :idea: :!: :arrow:
SWISS USER :geek: