Project hosting on GC-Forever

emu_kidid
Site Admin

Project hosting on GC-Forever

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:26 am

Can anyone recommend some open source/free software that will allow us to host things like Swiss downloads on here? Basically, I'd just want something that can have uploads posted to it (via a web interface, or back-end FTP upload), dynamically list all the files with a description and download counter.

I could write my own but it would only add to the pile of things I'd like to get done :P
Paul.str

Re: Project hosting on GC-Forever

Post by Paul.str » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:20 am

I've looked at doing something similar on my servers and it's not as easy as it sounds.

Do you want anybody to be able to upload or just you?
A personal solution is going to be much easier than a public one.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:46 am

Just me. I think I might have to write my own.
AC_Orange

Post by AC_Orange » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:11 am

Where would you host this? A linux server, would something like subversion do the trick?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:29 am

Oh perhaps I wasn't clear, I would just like it so that I can post new versions of Swiss, CleanRip, etc on here once googlecode removes their download service.

Subversion I'll either keep there or move it to here @ gc-forever with a front-end so that people can see my commits and browse changes/etc.

Anything long term would be hosted here.
andzlay

Post by andzlay » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:50 pm

Is gc-forever on a webspace or is this your server? If you have shell access you could use git. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Git_(software)
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:19 pm

it's on a server (shared) and I do have shell access. SVN isn't a problem as I said, it's releases I'd like to keep track of their download count.
xorrox

Post by xorrox » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:03 pm

owncloud might work - you can upload whatever you want and then just link to files that you want share - I use it on a centOS 6 server that I have setup at home. Stupid simple to setup and use, just works - right out of the box - supports virtually every OS there is. Alternatively, GBAtemp has a file hosting service called FileTrip.net maybe you could just use that?
Edge-`

Post by Edge-` » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:44 am

I know some users really like PHPATM (http://phpatm.org/index.php) though I have no personal experience with it. At the worst you should be able to make your own without too much effort and make it do what you need it to. There are a number of nice tutorials on that very topic. Just use FTP to do the uploads, make a folder in your site structure named downloads and have your PHP script start from that path and parse the directories / files. When a file is clicked on update a counter file or a database with an incremented count. If you could put up with my intermittent availability at the moment, I'd be happy to help as well!
DerGali

Post by DerGali » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:14 pm

Maybe a bit oversized but Redmine Should Do the Trick. Mainly it helps Managing Projects, with News, Timeline, Bugtracker etc but also has a Files Module. Every Project can have individuell Rights and Modules. Its easy to setup
Here an example of the menu
http://www.redmine.org/projects/redmine ... dmineFiles