Seeking Help

BakedBrownies

Seeking Help

Post by BakedBrownies » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:18 pm

Hello, there. I don't know if this is the appropriate place to ask this but I'll try to be brief:

I would like to point out that I was using Cheat Manager on Dolphin in order to use another program to convert address dumps that consistently change upon restart but found a program to make it into a AR Code so it would be consistent and work properly.

I'm straight up new to this and I thought it be cool to try to experiment on my own. I've always wanted to learn how to make a code however, I'm told that it either A. Varies on numerous factors, B. Requires you to be specific as much as possible and have some basic knowledge of... something that I honestly can't recall and C. Know where to find what you looking for said Address/Value. Unfortunately, I have no base to start from. So I don't know where to even look for HP/MP Bars, how to increase walking speed etc. I was also told HP Bars were some of the easiest codes to do so I tried that out. (Thanks to a person on Gamefaqs who has done coding for a long time I believe told me: "You must learn some basics like binary, decimal, hexadecimal. For starter, understand the meaning behind them is already good. In my opinion, learning such things like HP bar is not good for beginner because the value has been hidden.")

*A Few Days Later*

I've managed to come across codes luckily by trial and error and searching through addresses and following how to do so by this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5AUWtehp-M It was rather straightforward and I was able to understand it just fine. Here's where the problem kicks in... I used a program called: "GCNPCC"
and while the program was rather straightforward as well (You can see what I'm talking about on 11:37 in the video link above) I reached a snag at the very end of it where the Addresses I've dumped and put in to the respected directory, it wouldn't load into the program and claims it's not there. (I haven't got a reply back from the person on gamefaqs so I'm sure he/she is rather busy but has helped me greatly.) This is the only obstacle stuck between me and making my very own actual code. I honestly didn't want to request anyone to make a code because a lot of people have rather busy lives now (I'm assuming after digging around a bit.) So I wanted to tackle it myself. The game I was trying this on was Digimon Rumble Arena 2 for the US which sadly doesn't have any codes whatsoever. I honestly wanted to request some but didn't think it'd be possible and I wanted to challenge myself. I've been at this for a month since day 1 and kind of bummed I couldn't get this to work. I don't know if there's a better way to make codes without some kind of convoluted or unsafe way but this was the best alternative for me. I wanted to preserve my games and just enjoy a bit of fun now and then I admire those who've wanted to do all sorts of mods and such and just get lost in it. In any case, if anyone knows where I went wrong or know of a program similar to that one please let me know. Thanks for taking the time to read this.