Possible to port GEN/GS to Wii/GC

Ploggy

Possible to port GEN/GS to Wii/GC

Post by Ploggy » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:42 am

Given that Gensplus doesn't support 32x/MegaCD. would it be possible to port over GEN/GS to the Wii or GC?
This is in no way a request to port it (unless you really want to of course) :P It's just something I found while browsing the Sonic Retro forums. Or maybe it would be possible to incorporate the 32x parts from the one Emulator and inject? it into Gensplus (although I would imagine it would be more trouble than it's worth).

I should say it's a modified version of the official GEN/GS and the source can be found here..http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=20023

emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Possible to port GEN/GS to Wii/GC

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:54 am

eke-eke is very good at what he does, perhaps he can elaborate more if you contact him personally about his thoughts on the matter :)
Ploggy

Re: Possible to port GEN/GS to Wii/GC

Post by Ploggy » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:21 am

emu_kidid wrote:eke-eke is very good at what he does, perhaps he can elaborate more if you contact him personally about his thoughts on the matter :)
Thanks Emu_Kidid. I'll see if I can get a hold of him :) I think I heard a while ago he said he MAY incorporate 32x/Mega CD features into his Gens Emu in the future but it wouldn't be for a while. I hope he does. It's one of the few things left I'd like to play again on the Wii. It should be possible tho right? I mean with the Emu Being PPC and all (know nothing of coding tho) :p

Thanks.