SD media launcher, ISO loading issue.

All your homebrew software needs & discussion
Deathum

SD media launcher, ISO loading issue.

Post by Deathum » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:06 pm

Hello everyone, i recently bought the SD media launcher from codejunkies, and am using GCOS 1.5, i am able to start swiss-lz-viper.DOL(which states it is swiss v0.3 in the top left corner after proceeding to the select device screen), and view my downloaded ISOs', but most of the games i have downloaded freeze while still in the menu, or only display a black screen and no audio.

i set everything up using this tutorial. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb04lK1WATc

So my questions are, am i doing something wrong? Or should i be using another program to run my ISOs from the SD media launcher.

Or am i doing everything wrong?

Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated.

please note, i am starting up swiss v0.3 using a 1GB SD card, and then switching to a 32GB mirco SDHC card once it starts. And yes i have checked the compatibility list, the games i've tried should work. i was able to play Chibi RoBo last night, but it now freezes when loading my save file. and Mario kart DD works. but every other game Ive tried has failed.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: SD media launcher, ISO loading issue.

Post by emu_kidid » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:37 am

I don't know what version you're using but grab the one from here: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1375

The SD Media Launcher SD adapter can have issues with connectivity so you might want to try something better since Swiss does not have read retry support from SD.
Deathum

Re: SD media launcher, ISO loading issue.

Post by Deathum » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:55 pm

thanks a lot, I've downloaded it but I'm not having much more luck with it.

i was using v0.3 it would read the SD card, and it was working for some games, but v0.4 wont read the SD card*, what would you recommend using instead of the SD Media Launcher SD adapter?

*update: swiss v0.3 will let you swap out for a SDHC card after starting swiss, swiss v0.4 will only let you swap in a standard SD card.

and it seems some games just don't work, didnt know about the compatibility list when i made this, sorry for wasting everyones time being a noob.