Automatic build server

All your homebrew software needs & discussion
KirovAir

Automatic build server

Post by KirovAir » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:05 am

Would there be any interest in a (free) automatic build server for maybe swiss and / or related gamecube projects?
I currently have a Xeon spare server with SSD storage and 8GB of RAM available which is collecting dust for a long while now. (This used to be our company build server, but we switched to a bigger one and now this one is mine.)
"The only thing more dangerous than a hardware guru with a code patch is a programmer with a soldering iron."
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Automatic build server

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:21 am

I too have been sitting on some hardware but I'm too lazy to set up auto builds :P I'd be more than happy to help you try to get Swiss building on there if you want.
KirovAir

Re: Automatic build server

Post by KirovAir » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:14 am

Hehe nice! I can help you too if you want. :)
I currently have a proof of concept running which already automatically builds when a change is being made to the repo and which adds metadata from the commit.
A (harsh) output can be found here.
http://azure.jessesander.nl/builds/

I hope to add a friendly web UI in my spare time and also add the ISO /wkf builds to the runner. For software I am currently running TeamCity on a windows server 2012 OS. (and the devkitpro toolchain ofcourse)

If there are more active projects I'd be happy to add those.
"The only thing more dangerous than a hardware guru with a code patch is a programmer with a soldering iron."