Game Saves GC "GameShark"

All your homebrew software needs & discussion
Post Reply
User avatar
boredomca
Posts: 183
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:32 am
Location: USA

Game Saves GC "GameShark"

Post by boredomca » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:11 pm

I own a Game Saves "GameShark" for GC and I can only find very little about it so I thought someone here might have more information.
I have cord, box and memory card but not the software disk so can someone point me in the direction of where to download the ISO?
The website has no information on it and I'm also unable to find any saves, am I just completely out of luck?
Thanks for any possible help and sorry if topic has already been posted but I couldn't find anything
pstrick
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:31 am

Re: Game Saves GC "GameShark"

Post by pstrick » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:25 pm

Here's the OEM website:
http://www.hkems.com/product/gc/gc%20usb.htm
It has drivers and all that.

I think the gameshark server for saves went offline years ago.
I still have the official Gameshark disk with the branded software and game saves. If you're want/need it, I will dig it out when I get the chance.
User avatar
boredomca
Posts: 183
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:32 am
Location: USA

Re: Game Saves GC "GameShark"

Post by boredomca » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:24 pm

That would be amazing if your willing to do that for me, been looking everywhere. I have the official one with the GameShark logo on it if it makes a difference.
pstrick
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:31 am

Re: Game Saves GC "GameShark"

Post by pstrick » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:57 pm

Here's a link to the generic drivers. It's going to be over a week until I can get to the real program.

http://www.hkems.com/download%20-%200213.htm
User avatar
boredomca
Posts: 183
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:32 am
Location: USA

Re: Game Saves GC "GameShark"

Post by boredomca » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:08 pm

Pstrick: Ever find that disk?
LarzIsReal
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:09 am

Re: Game Saves GC "GameShark"

Post by LarzIsReal » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:57 am

boredomca wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:24 pm
That would be amazing if your willing to do that for me, been looking everywhere. I have the official one with the GameShark logo on it if it makes a difference.
The software, found at http://www.hkems.com/download%20-%200213.htm , is advertised as being compatible with the "GC USB MEMORY ADAPTOR 64M" by EMS.
Reference: https://www.play-asia.com/gc-usb-memory ... m/13/701yg

If I understand you correctly, you have the "GameShark Game Cube" by Mad Catz (Item #5647) - also advertised as "GameSaves" - which came with its own software CD.

Were you able to get your GameShark to work?

I am currently doing research on this topic myself. I would like to know whether these devices are valid alternatives to the USB Gecko.
- Larz is real
User avatar
Papy.G
Posts: 540
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:14 am
Location: France, Occitanie
Contact:

Re: Game Saves GC "GameShark"

Post by Papy.G » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:13 am

It can probably not be used as a USB Gecko:
"No need to connect to the Game Cube during DATA transfer."

It should work as the GBA AR/GS 's save memory, where you can put the saves on it with the dedicated software, while it is not plugged into the console.

Anyways, it is the straightest way to put a GameSave Exploit in order to use SWISS on an unmodded GameCube. 8-)
DMG/MF OC, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
LarzIsReal
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:09 am

Re: Game Saves GC "GameShark"

Post by LarzIsReal » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:21 am

Papy.G wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:13 am
It can probably not be used as a USB Gecko:
"No need to connect to the Game Cube during DATA transfer."

It should work as the GBA AR/GS 's save memory, where you can put the saves on it with the dedicated software, while it is not plugged into the console.

Anyways, it is the straightest way to put a GameSave Exploit in order to use SWISS on an unmodded GameCube. 8-)
My goal is to use the device (USB Gecko or GameShark) as an universal interface between the Gamecube and a PC / USB storage device (USB Stick / Smartphone) to play MP3 music on the console (via SWISS).
- Larz is real
User avatar
Papy.G
Posts: 540
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:14 am
Location: France, Occitanie
Contact:

Re: Game Saves GC "GameShark"

Post by Papy.G » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:17 pm

Then slap your tracks on an SD/µSD card and put it in either an SD Gecko or SD2SP2 to play them with MPlayer (I usually do that with YT videos I want to share with my son/GF).

The GameShark is not an interface, unlike the USB Gecko, but even the USB Gecko can't be master on an USB Bus, so you can't read USB sticks with it, only access any "file system" served by a PC from where it is seen as a peripheral.
DMG/MF OC, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
LarzIsReal
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:09 am

Re: Game Saves GC "GameShark"

Post by LarzIsReal » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:21 am

Papy.G wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:17 pm
Then slap your tracks on an SD/µSD card and put it in either an SD Gecko or SD2SP2 to play them with MPlayer (I usually do that with YT videos I want to share with my son/GF).

The GameShark is not an interface, unlike the USB Gecko, but even the USB Gecko can't be master on an USB Bus, so you can't read USB sticks with it, only access any "file system" served by a PC from where it is seen as a peripheral.
It's a matter of convenience. It would be a bit annoying to always pull the SD card out of your smartphone.
Okay, of course, I can drag my tracks onto an SD card in advance and then put in either an SD Gecko or SD2SP2.
But what I'm looking for is a simple plug and play solution - if there is one at all. According to your description, probably not possible? :(

I am not yet familiar with IDE-EXI, but would this work?
- Larz is real
User avatar
Papy.G
Posts: 540
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:14 am
Location: France, Occitanie
Contact:

Re: Game Saves GC "GameShark"

Post by Papy.G » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:00 pm

I agree, if you don't have extra cards laying around and/or if you frequently modify your playlist, it may be a concern.

I don't know if there are WiFi SD cards that can receive streamed files, usually they were mostly servers, and for JPG files, not MP3.

There may be the BBA option, if MPlayer is compatible, I don't have one, so can't confirm this.

The IDE-EXI won't do much more than a SD card, and even though, I don't know if it is supported by MPlayer.
DMG/MF OC, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
LarzIsReal
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:09 am

Re: Game Saves GC "GameShark"

Post by LarzIsReal » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:07 am

Papy.G wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:00 pm
I agree, if you don't have extra cards laying around and/or if you frequently modify your playlist, it may be a concern.

I don't know if there are WiFi SD cards that can receive streamed files, usually they were mostly servers, and for JPG files, not MP3.

There may be the BBA option, if MPlayer is compatible, I don't have one, so can't confirm this.

The IDE-EXI won't do much more than a SD card, and even though, I don't know if it is supported by MPlayer.
WiFi SD cards sound interesting. Have there already been people who have tested the compatibility?
- Larz is real
Post Reply