Swiss won’t force 480p with GCvideo

All your homebrew software needs & discussion
Bakuku

Swiss won’t force 480p with GCvideo

Post by Bakuku » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:43 am

Hi,

I don’t know if this has been adressed or not but I couldn’t find a topic that stated this issue.

The issue I’m having is that whenever I boot my PAL Gamecube with GCvideo HDMI installed (pluto) and boot into SWISS (Wasp Fusion) and try to run my NTSC ISO’s and force them to 480p via the settings tab for games ( X ) when showing game info, SWISS will force the Game to NTSC 240p mode. Holding down B when the game boots, any NTSC game that supports Progressive mode, does not show the option to enable Progressive Scan mode.

I’ve tried enable linedoubling and forcing SWISS menu to 480p via the SWISS settings tab, but no go.

Is this related to the fact that GCvideo starts in 576i mode because it’s a PAL gamecube or am I doing something wrong?
I never had this issue on my NTSC-U(J) Gamecube. On those I could force 480p all the time, even PAL games.

Any help or info is welcome.

Thanks
Extrems

Re: Swiss won’t force 480p with GCvideo

Post by Extrems » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:13 am

You have a cable detect failure. Also update Swiss, the options would be hidden altogether.
patters

Re: Swiss won’t force 480p with GCvideo

Post by patters » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:46 pm

Not sure if it's a similar issue but it I set my PAL GameCube to boot in 480p via Qoob BIOS then the Swiss video mode is ignored also when overriding for games. I have to leave the Qoob setting on 480i or 576i.