wiikey fusion instead of xeno gc// nnh - noob needs help :P

ViperGC/Qoob/etc
hejmista

wiikey fusion instead of xeno gc// nnh - noob needs help :P

Post by hejmista » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:14 pm

hey guys, ¨
just found my cube laying in the corner again and since i find it very cool to play with it i started doing some research to find out what to do with it. i found out that u can boot (back up) games from an SD card by the use of a Wii Key Fusion. The point is I would really like to try that with your help and therefore would investigate a bit on that awesome page but the problem i have is that a couple of years ago i let someone build a xeno gc chip into the cube (must be v 1.0). Is it still possible to solder (?) the WII key fusion with the sd solution?? What do i need to do?? :?: :?:

ps: i am very much what they call a nooby without any real experience in that. but i learn quick tho :P
megalomaniac

Re: wiikey fusion instead of xeno gc// nnh - noob needs help

Post by megalomaniac » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:25 pm

You can use WKF and Xeno at the same time
Actually, I think WKF and Xeno are the very best combination to use for gamecube...
Read this viewtopic.php?f=26&t=838
It's a long read...but a lot of info
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
hejmista

Post by hejmista » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:28 am

Thank you for your awesome tip. If possible I really would like to order one of those. Seems like I have to read through the thread a couple of times, as you mentioned. But two more Question:
What is the difference to having only a Xeno with a Gecko and Swiss on a DVD to your solution???
Can I somehow "update" my Xeno v1.0 or is it beneficial having that version??
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:21 am

xeno with swiss and sd gecko is a great solution. you can have all your backup titles on SD and boot them from swiss. The main difference is WKF offers about 98% compatibility for gamecube titles...the other ~2% (audio streaming) can be played from a backup dvd with xeno.

Swiss is ever improving with updates all the time and could potentially offer 100% compatibility in the future...and if you have a WKF you can even still benefit by installing swiss as an alternate firmware for the WKF...or you can continue to utilize the original WKF firmware and boot swiss.iso from the WKF SD card.

Either way you choose, you will always find use for an sd gecko in both setups.
you should use xeno and swiss for now and see what you think...and if you feel the need to install a wkf in the future, that option is also available (if you can find a wkf for sale...they are becoming less common to find now for a reasonable price)

the xeno firmware can be updated with a possible risk involved of killing it...
there is no real reason at this point in time to update the xeno, it works just fine as is with 1.0 firmware..
all you need xeno to do is boot a swiss dvd, or an sdload dvd, megaloader dvd, or your dvd backup titles...and 1.0 firmware will do all of that
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image