Has anyone heard of this modchip? What does it do?

ViperGC/Qoob/etc
jason1297

Has anyone heard of this modchip? What does it do?

Post by jason1297 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:09 pm

"d2c Pro GW-619 Wii Mod chip"

Above is everything I know about the modchip. Please can somebody tell me what it does, because I can get hold of these cheap and know how to install them. Also, will this chip work on GameCube?
What will it do on GameCube?
wii_HD

Re: Has anyone heard of this modchip? What does it do?

Post by wii_HD » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:25 pm

No it will not work with GameCube.

Why would you want to install it in a wii anyway when soft modding is so easy requiring only an SD card and will do pretty much everything a modchip can.
Playing - Super Mario Sunshine - DariusBurst CS - Hotline Miami 2 - Rpi2 Lakka - X360 BurnOut Paradise City
piratesephiroth

Post by piratesephiroth » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:30 am

jason1297 wrote:"d2c Pro GW-619 Wii Mod chip"

Above is everything I know about the modchip. Please can somebody tell me what it does, because I can get hold of these cheap and know how to install them. Also, will this chip work on GameCube?
What will it do on GameCube?
Hey, there's this cool website called Google, where we can search for stuff on the internet.

http://www.tna-team.com/d2cpro/gw619.html
iamdablasta

Post by iamdablasta » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:26 pm

wii_HD wrote: Why would you want to install it in a wii anyway when soft modding is so easy requiring only an SD card and will do pretty much everything a modchip can.
But having it hardmodded is so much sexier, and no software brick risk, it just works. If you can solder that is (except the newer wiikeys, wode, wasp, etc, they are so much better than a softmod since you just open the console, plug it in, and it werkz!

Would you use ONLY sd media launcher for gamecube? No, it is horribly unpractical and ugly.
the game
andzlay

Post by andzlay » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:33 am

Softmodded wii is just so neat and easy, I would never hardmod it nowadays. Only needed a 4GB SD card and 80GB USB HDD. Really easy to backup your discs (I use wiiflow) and use homebrew of all kinds (wiimc and emulation mostly). Only downside is that I can't use DVD backups, but I don't mind it at all, because the Cover Flow view from wiiflow is so awesome :D
iamdablasta

Post by iamdablasta » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:34 pm

andzlay wrote:Softmodded wii is just so neat and easy, I would never hardmod it nowadays. Only needed a 4GB SD card and 80GB USB HDD. Really easy to backup your discs (I use wiiflow) and use homebrew of all kinds (wiimc and emulation mostly). Only downside is that I can't use DVD backups, but I don't mind it at all, because the Cover Flow view from wiiflow is so awesome :D
I got a softmodded wii and it can run both backup dvd's and sd + usb hdd, as well as gamecube from dvd + usb/sd. I think you might wanna tweak your IOS a little bit ;)

Use different ios for dvd and for wiiflow, you can chose which one you use by default in wiiflow.
Softmod is neat and easy, but I still prefer a hardmod over a softmod.
the game
andzlay

Post by andzlay » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:23 pm

Well I got a newer Wii (black edition) and read that I couldn't use DVD backups on those, anyway I don't need it, because HDD is faster & easier anyway