Plugins for Viper GC (a SDloader?)

ViperGC/Qoob/etc
andzlay

Plugins for Viper GC (a SDloader?)

Post by andzlay » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:08 pm

Hello there!

I've got a Viper GC (not extreme) and just flashed it to Cobra 2.1 and I wonder what useful Plugins I can flash to the Viper...
I would prefer to have a SD Loader directly on it, cause I got a SD Gecko Clone which I never get to run and a SD Media Launcher by Datel, but it sucks to put the disc in everytime.
So is there a way to start software from one of these sd adaptors with the Viper?
yamaharacer

Re: Plugins for Viper GC (a SDloader?)

Post by yamaharacer » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:21 pm

use doilz to prepare the dol you want to use for the viper, then flash it in the viper flash and load it with the viper explorer.

in german: benutze doilz und bereite die dol für den viper gc vor. da gibt es einen button. anschließend flash die dol mit dem viper manager (oder wie der heißt) findest du hier wenn du das bios 2.1 runterlädst da ist der drinn und flashst deine preparierte dol auf den viper. dann ganz normal im viper menü explorer auswählen und die dol vom flash starten.
andzlay

Post by andzlay » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:11 pm

Hi Yahamaracer and thank you I will try dollz (yes it's called doLLz and not doilz ;))
Here is the link if someone else is interested: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Dollz

[edit]
Hm... seems like my SD Gecko is trash. I flashed Cobra 2.1 with sdload to the Viper and when I start sdload plugin it just says "Running DOL File..." forever. Same with Cobra 1.2 preflashed (got it from eurasia).
I will try to flash some other homebrew stuff as a plugin

[/edit]

Some german stuff: Als ich zuerst nach Doilz gesucht habe, habe ich mehrere Einträge von dir in anderen Foren gefunden :D
KrzyInuYasha

Post by KrzyInuYasha » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:54 am

If you run a DOL from the viper explorer and it just sits there with the running DOL File message it isn't your SD Geko but the DOl it's self. Attached is the SD Load I use on a Viper GC Extreme With Cobra v2.1. It's all ready compressed so you just need to load it to the Viper Flash memory. It's the Slot A&B version so a quick press of the A button will auto load Slot-A, press and Hold A button will Load Slot-B.
Attachments
SDLoadAB.zip
(41.01 KiB) Downloaded 809 times
yamaharacer

Post by yamaharacer » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:23 am

sorry mein fehler sieht irgendwie durch die bekackte groß und kleinschreibung im namen wie ein i aus.
Ironaxe

Post by Ironaxe » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:03 pm

@yamaharacer

tztztz....einfach meinen Tip den ich dir gegeben habe fremdposten ^^ :lol:
andzlay

Post by andzlay » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:41 pm

Okay KrzyInuYasha I try your Version :) Thank you!

cool! Sd load starts now! Thanks a lot, buuut (:D) no files are shown... I tried Slot A and B maybe it's the SD Card? I got a 2GB Card which is working fine with SD Media Launcher

Now I tried a 128mb SD card formatted with FAT but it's not working too :(
yamaharacer

Post by yamaharacer » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:42 pm

Ironaxe wrote:@yamaharacer

tztztz....einfach meinen Tip den ich dir gegeben habe fremdposten ^^ :lol:

ja klar hat ja gefunzt ;)
andzlay

Post by andzlay » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:53 am

Hört doch mal auf die ganze Zeit auf Deutsch zu posten, dass ist doch voll unfair für die anderen User hier...
KrzyInuYasha

Post by KrzyInuYasha » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:18 am

Make sure your SD Card if formatted properly Using SDFormatter v2.0 from Panasonic it will properly format the card to the SD Specs. I've also had that issue with mine, I'm not sure what causes it other then it does it more often with more then one controller plugged in. If you are using a external IPL instead of the Viper stock can some times cause issues. And Some memory card will also glitch it once in a while. For the most part it seems once I get it to read the SD card it will read and not give me any issues at all until I decide to disconnect every thing and reconnect (usually from taking it to a friends house). Not sure if it's the SD Load I'm using or the Viper GC or some thing completely unknown but play around a bit and one you get it working it should be fine for a long time.

Quick note you can remove the SD card from the SD Adapter with no issues once you get it working. If you remove the adapter it's self from the unit you can run into it not wanting to read the card again.
Cornholio

Post by Cornholio » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:48 am

Sorry to bump this old thread but I was wondering if there is a plugin (preferably one that fits on the regular Viper GC modchip) available that either immediately starts Swiss from SD2SP2 or one that accesses the SD card in the SD2SP2 so I can start Swiss manually from there...
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:54 pm

Cornholio wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:48 am
Sorry to bump this old thread but I was wondering if there is a plugin (preferably one that fits on the regular Viper GC modchip) available that either immediately starts Swiss from SD2SP2 or one that accesses the SD card in the SD2SP2 so I can start Swiss manually from there...
There isn't as said in the other thread.

Closing this ancient thread.