Xeno diy - power on problems

ViperGC/Qoob/etc
Wodorost

Xeno diy - power on problems

Post by Wodorost » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:27 am

I home-made 3 clones of Xeno GC so far and got some problems to make them work EVERYtime i turn on cubes, they just work randomly. One works about 8 times on 10 turn-ons, rest even worst 5/5. Im using Atmel8l -8pu, tried additional grounding, different cables, different voltages (3.3 -5v) and nothing help. When it refuse to work, no led is light up, even though i checked voltage on atmel and its ok and stable. I installed many original Xenos in past years with very thin cables (~15cm long) and never got any problem like that.
megalomaniac

Re: Xeno diy - power on problems

Post by megalomaniac » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:07 am

the only time ive ran into issues like that is with wiring issues...
and those issues were due to i treated mine like hell and it was on a breadboard for over 1 year..
you can add a tact switch on the reset line as shown in the wiki diagrams to reset the chip..but you have to do it quickly after startup to it can still intercept and inject drive code at the appropriate time...
or you can just try power on/off the GC until it works...
or you can continue to troubleshoot to determine where any issue might exist...
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
megalomaniac

Re: Xeno diy - power on problems

Post by megalomaniac » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:21 am

just remembered, what values did you use on the fusebits??
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image