Viper GC

ViperGC/Qoob/etc
skel28

Re: Viper GC

Post by skel28 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:31 pm

@emu_kidid thank you very much. Appreciated.

Cheers

Stay safe.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:01 am

emu_kidid wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:25 pm
Swiss won't fit, but you can use iplboot as a replacement BIOS on the ViperGC and it will attempt to load a DOL from a SD card on startup instead. I believe you can write .vgc files via DVD-R onto the viper if you don't have the programmer or a parallel port. Here it is: https://github.com/redolution/iplboot/releases

There's a copy floating around here with SP2SD support, try to find it in other threads.
The uncompressed .dol has been posted there, but I doubt the compressed version has been publicly released, Ledu205 gave me an adress from where to download the bare .dol via MP, as it was considered WIP and all the licence disclaimers and source code were not with it, and this link is now dead.
I don't want to monopolize as I may be the only one aside from Ledu205 to have the compressed .dol, and would be happy to share, but I don't want to do something wrong regarding copyrights. :oops:
DMG/MF OC, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
M4rk_Rent0n

Post by M4rk_Rent0n » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:20 pm

Hi all,

Juste a simple question : if i flash my viper gc (no extreme) with iplboot, can i restore cobra os later (via dvd or something else) ?

Also, I try to use the "plugin A&B" (already install when i buy this cube) to load some dol from memory card (bigben 64Mo, no gecko for the moment) but nothing appear in sd card loader menu (sometime it display a weird character, but even if i press A nothing appened...) i've use swiss to transfert the dol from sd2sp2 to memory card. I try from both A & B slot. In original bios both work and reconnize my memory card, even show me the dol icon ! What i'm doing wrong ?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:03 pm

M4rk_Rent0n wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:20 pm
Hi all,

Juste a simple question : if i flash my viper gc (no extreme) with iplboot, can i restore cobra os later (via dvd or something else) ?

Also, I try to use the "plugin A&B" (already install when i buy this cube) to load some dol from memory card (bigben 64Mo, no gecko for the moment) but nothing appear in sd card loader menu (sometime it display a weird character, but even if i press A nothing appened...) i've use swiss to transfert the dol from sd2sp2 to memory card. I try from both A & B slot. In original bios both work and reconnize my memory card, even show me the dol icon ! What i'm doing wrong ?
You can get back to Cobra with the parallel port flasher only at that point.

SD Loader I assume is the SDLoad slot a/b plugin, this expects a SDSC (e.g. 2GB or less) SD card to be plugged into a memory card slot using a SD to memory card slot adaptor running FAT16 I believe.
M4rk_Rent0n

Post by M4rk_Rent0n » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:36 pm

emu_kidid wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:03 pm

You can get back to Cobra with the parallel port flasher only at that point.
Ok :? i don't have this parallele port on mine so, not for me! (but i have rear usb port...with nothing to connect the chip :| really disapointing...)
emu_kidid wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:03 pm

SD Loader I assume is the SDLoad slot a/b plugin, this expects a SDSC (e.g. 2GB or less) SD card to be plugged into a memory card slot using a SD to memory card slot adaptor running FAT16 I believe.
Yes you're think right, that is the explanation i needed, thank you for taking time to help me. Need a gecko now. :mrgreen:

off topic: a big thank you for this forum and all the information it contains ;)
brunops3

Post by brunops3 » Sun May 17, 2020 1:24 am

Hi guys. I really hope someone post here the compressed dol/vgc files (< 128 kb) of the latest revision of iplboot (with SD2SP2 support) for using with the Viper GC (not Extreme).

In addition, I have a few questions:

1) Is it possible to use Viper GC (not Extreme) without the Gamecube optical drive (using iplboot as a replacement BIOS on the Viper GC)?

2) If yes, is the instalation of the modchip on Gamecube the same (4 wires to solder and a solder bridge)?

3) What about the two connectors of the lid sensor switch on Viper GC modchip? Just leave them disconnected or do I need to bridge it to simulate the lid always closed?

4) Does the latest revision of iplboot (which boots from SD2SP2) support SDHD/SDXC or just SDSC (2GB or less)?

Could you help me?

Thank you.
brunops3

Post by brunops3 » Mon May 18, 2020 8:01 pm

Sorry, but I have two more questions:

5) What is the voltage of Viper GC (not Extreme) modchip?

6) I know the Gamecube console must be switched on to flash Viper GC BIOS through PC using parallel port. But I don't have the stock FFC and my cable is only 10cm. Is it possible to feed the Viper GC modchip with the correct voltage using the PC power supply and then flash BIOS, without the modchip connected to Gamecube console?

Thank you.

EDIT:

Actually my FFC cable is 5cm. And lastly...

7) I could also lend an Gamecube optical drive modded with Xeno GC to flash the BIOS of the Viper GC through DVD. Will it work or Xeno and Viper mods will conflict?

8) If it works (lend the optical drive modded with Xeno GC), how should I connect the lid sensor switch? To Viper GC and then to the optical drive, ou directly to the optical drive leaving it disconnected to Viper GC?
sakax

Post by sakax » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:06 am

RazorX2014 wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:22 pm
kublai wrote:Does anyone know if a Cobra v2.1 ISO exists? I lost my USB adapter for my Viper GC so I have to upgrade via the DVD. I was able to upgrade my BIOS to v1.6 via the DVD but I'm unable to upgrade to v2.1 since it's only a .vgc file. I tried making a ISO9660 but the disc explorer keeps saying unknown file system. I tried adding the .vgc file to the v1.6 ISO but it made the file size to like 200k instead of the original size of 1.4GB when I saved the ISO. Any help is appreciated.
hi i dont have the iso but when messing with my viper extreme i found the best way was to use a games iso to add the files on for updating the viper and adding themes so i made this iso for you with the updates in so let me know if it works for you.
i maybe wrong but i believe the disc explorer only supports gamecube format discs.

the download is 10mb but when unpacked its the correct 1.35gb then put it in your gamecube and use the disc explorerr then go into the Viper-GC folder and inside you will find:
cobra21.vgc
cobra21_drive20010608.vgc
cobra21_drive20020402.vgc
cobra21_drive20020823.vgc

if you need anymore help let me know, i should point out although i used a gamecube game iso as a base i removed pretty much all the game so it wont boot or anything but you should be able to use it with disc explorer to achieve what you wanted.

Download:
Here
can you explain how you made this issue? i can no longer deal with the usb frustrations of this viper chip. i would like to update the swiss dol in my flash but my data disks are never recognized...