Flash Xeno GC.

ViperGC/Qoob/etc
Coolman

Flash Xeno GC.

Post by Coolman » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:03 pm

I wonder... is it possible to flash this modchip and get instant access from a Wiikey SD to Swiss? I don't want to use a bootable disc.
Last edited by Coolman on Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
novenary

Re: Flash Xeno GC.

Post by novenary » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:23 pm

It is. I'm trying to figure out how this chip works actually. However it's not the easiest thing to do. Also, depending of how much work is put into it, it may require a disc to be inserted to boot.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:34 pm

always needs a boot disc...even if trying to get "instant access" to SD..
Xeno needs to detect a certain time to inject its code, and this only happens during reading a dvd.
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
Coolman

Post by Coolman » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:19 pm

Streetwalker wrote:It is. I'm trying to figure out how this chip works actually. However it's not the easiest thing to do. Also, depending of how much work is put into it, it may require a disc to be inserted to boot.
megalomaniac wrote:always needs a boot disc...even if trying to get "instant access" to SD..
Xeno needs to detect a certain time to inject its code, and this only happens during reading a dvd.
I get it. So, there's no other way of booting for Swiss? I mean, without needing stuff like Viper, Qoob, WODE, Wiikey Fusion, etc. Something like Free MC boot, some modified save, a patch for the system options at startup or something like that. There may even be an unreleased exploit or another way of injecting code not available to public, like, really obscure and only known by emukidid (?), for example. Just speculating, i'm curious.
novenary

Post by novenary » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:24 pm

Nope. :P
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:51 am

Coolman wrote:There may even be an unreleased exploit or another way of injecting code not available to public, like, really obscure and only known by emukidid (?), for example. Just speculating, i'm curious.
if there was one, it would have been released a long time ago so we would not have to depend on WKF/WODE/WASP/Viper/QOOB/Xeno/etc,etc,etc
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:53 am

no, several people have looked into a Free MC exploit kinda deal but it doesn't seem possible.
Coolman

Post by Coolman » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:20 am

I see. I have some questions left.
Which one is better, Qoob Pro or Viper Extreme? Overall.
Does an internal SD perfom better speeds than the EXI port?
Kinda off-topic, but, is there going to be an update to WiiSX or rather just Wii64? Maybe a release date too, it wouldn't hurt. (?)
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:50 am

Qoob Pro/Viper Extreme are basically the same. Viper with the USB has some cool/strange features that no other mod has. I personally like Qoob Pro, does the job. Internal SD wil perform the same as external, it's all EXI bus driven.

Wii64 will definitely have an update, WiiSX too perhaps.
Coolman

Interesting...

Post by Coolman » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:04 am

emu_kidid wrote:Qoob Pro/Viper Extreme are basically the same. Viper with the USB has some cool/strange features that no other mod has. I personally like Qoob Pro, does the job. Internal SD wil perform the same as external, it's all EXI bus driven.

Wii64 will definitely have an update, WiiSX too perhaps.
What are these?
I thought that the internal custom slot was relatively faster. If i recall correctly, the theoretical max speed of the EXI port is 3.2MB/s. It's a botteneck, i know, but why do games stutter? Look at USB loading on the PS2, the USB 1.1 transfer rates are crap, but the EXI ones are considerably higher.
Anyway, is it possible to have an internal USB slot that works like and ODE but made from scratch?
novenary

Post by novenary » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:39 am

It stutters due to the lack of DMA support when loading from an SD card. Also most interfaces in the Cube are EXI (including both MC and serial ports under the console, excluding the DVD port, Hi-Speed GB player port and gamepads).
Coolman

Post by Coolman » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:03 pm

Wiikey Fusion and WODE are unaffected, right?
novenary

Post by novenary » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:47 pm

Yes and they have far superior read speed in comparison to EXI. They are read-only though.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:00 am

Coolman, just to be clear, what I thought you meant by internal slot was a SD slot hooked up permanently to a memory card port, not a Wiikey Fusion/WASP/WODE SD slot :)